Speaker cabinet

rlwrlw Frets: 4692
I've got a 10 inch Jensen speaker that I'd like to put in a cabinet and find a small head - maybe one of the new H&K ones -  to go with it.   Looking around, I can see various options from Gear4music or Juketone. 

Obviously with the Gear4music cab I get a speaker I don't need but at half the price of Juketone.  I'd love to get a Barefaced cab but they don't seem to offer non Celestion options and Zilla don't seem to do 10 inch cabs.

Is there anything I should be aware of before going for it, or is it best avoided.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Have you contacted Zilla to ask them?
    Hoffnine might be another option - Tom is rather good at building cabinets, and Im sure would be able to build a 10" affair.
  • I've just researched low price/good value cabs - albeit to buy a 1x12". Many of the lowest price cabs use MDF which won't be as resonant as pine/birch. I believe the Subzero is MDF. Thomann do two similar 1x12 cabs - Harley Benton G112 & Harley Benton G112 Vintage. Confusingly, the former is MDF, the latter is poplar plywood. The Juketones also use poplar ply.

Can't help you with 1x10"s specifically but MDF vs ply will probably determine how cheap you can go.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    I could be wrong but I think Barefaced will fit anything you want, or supply the cab empty.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    ICBM said:
    I could be wrong but I think Barefaced will fit anything you want, or supply the cab empty.

I've emailed them so we will see - hopefully, you're right.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.