Cover challenge #13 chat thread. ANOUNCMENT... New rules!!!!

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
edited March 2021 in Making Music
Welcome to the 13th Fretboard Cover Challenge

The rules are simple - there are no rules*

We all start with the same song suggestion and record our own cover version. It's up to your imagination as to what you do with it. It could be faithful to the original or as out there as you wish. 

The idea is to share creativity and see how we end up with differing results from the exact same start point. Feel free to change key if needed for vocals. Feel free to go instrumental/spoken word/rap if singing isn't your thing. Feel free to share ideas in this thread or keep your hand close to your chest. Just have fun with it. 

Slight change to this comp... to encourage more entries there are two songs to choose from...

The first track to be choose from has been chosen by the winner of the last challenge @AlbertC and is:

"Love Is The Drug" by Roxy Music

The second track to choose from is:

”ANY song originally by Roxy Music”

We’ve changed it up this time to hopefully get more of you involved in the comp... there is however a twist!

if you choose to cover “love is the drug” you automatically get a bonus 5 points!!!!!!

RULES:

Entries to be sent in mp3 format to the following Email address:

covers@thefretboard.co.uk

You may wish to submit artwork to go with your entry. It brightens up the playlist and might subliminally get you more votes but it's not mandatory. 

Entries close at 11.30pm on friday 30th April...

A playlist of all the entries will be posted in the Voting Thread. Vote for your top 3 with 5 points awarded  for first place, 3 points for second place and 1 point for third place. Entrants obviously aren't allowed to vote for their own entry. 

Unlike other challenges in the Cover Challenge the winner wins a prize - they get to choose the track to be covered for the next challenge. Please have ideas ready in advance as you will only have approximately 48hrs to PM your suggestion or The Management will decide for you. 

Good luck
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 584
    edited March 2021

Three songs in a row I don’t like. This will make it tough ... may be the third one I have to pass on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Competition update!!!!!!!!
    Ok, I’ve had an idea so I’m back in. And on the requested track. Although the result may be, um, niche.
    OK, track submitted.  I'd like to have spent some more time on it buuuut, I've had a load of work come in and that's going to take priority. Gotta earn a penny!

Hope you ... um ... enjoy ... what I've sent.  I've called it Druggah.
    Got it... will upload tomorrow!..
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    Well I'm making some progress.

Following valid comments from @Bezzer on my previous entry, I'm trying to avoid it sounding like I'm just playing over a midi backing track, which is proving a bit of a problem because that's basically what it is :)

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 ha ha, don't take that to heart man! It was only because it didn't sound like the normal you, I'm sure you're smashing this one behind the scenes!

Sent mine in.

It's not a competition.
    Sent mine in.

Got it... can’t upload till tomorrow tho’ 
    @poopot I've added a picture to my entry in Soundcloud. Perhaps I should have copyrighted it. This digital art game seems to be quite lucrative these days.

It's not a competition.
    @poopot I've added a picture to my entry in Soundcloud. Perhaps I should have copyrighted it. This digital art game seems to be quite lucrative these days.

No probs... I suspect yourself and Bezzer will be the only entries for this one...

A revamp may be needed!!!!!
    edited April 2021
    A third entry in the playlist...

@bezzer on vox me on BV's and everything else, poojnr banging the piano:

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/cover-challenge-13
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Entry closed...