SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB USB audio interface

My 2i2 conked out the other day for no apparent reason so I need something else. Not really fussy about what it is as long as it's USB and has at least 2 channels with phantom power. 

Anyone got anything? 

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Got a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB that I don't need knocking around in the studio...?
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 605
    That would be ideal @simonhpieman ; 
    Please can you pm me some details and a price?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    How much do you want for the dead 2i2 if you don't mind me asking ?

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • keithfkeithf Frets: 371
    I've an as new presonus audiobox usb 96
    £55 Posted !
    Thanks all, will wait a little while and see what else comes up as I've figured out a workaround with my band's digital mixer for the time being. @Danny1969 I think it's a hardware issue as the usb power is lit and it still shows up in my driver options but no signal in or out so was thinking of opening it up to have a look myself. Do you think it's likely to be fixable?
    hassleham said:
    Thanks all, will wait a little while and see what else comes up as I've figured out a workaround with my band's digital mixer for the time being. @Danny1969 I think it's a hardware issue as the usb power is lit and it still shows up in my driver options but no signal in or out so was thinking of opening it up to have a look myself. Do you think it's likely to be fixable?
    It's hard to say, never seen inside one but I do like a punt on faulty stuff. I suspect form your description of the fault it's a blown audio IC rather than a digital fault with the serial bus side of things which is certainly easier to diag and fix but it's gonna be surface mount devices and you would need to be able to follow a circuit to get anywhere. 

Can you change the sample rate etc and is the computer happy with it even though you can't hear anything from it ?
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    @Danny1969 ;
    No problems changing sample rate. I've opened it up but can't see anything visually wrong and I don't have the knowledge to do anything more to diagnose the problem. 
    Having a quick google finds a few users on a Gearslutz page with the same symptoms. I then found a Reddit thread where a guy traced the fault on his to a faulty quad switch IC which once replaced returned the opamps power rails to where they should be 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskElectronics/comments/8be0db/repairing_a_focusrite_scarlett_2i2_audio_interface/dx6fgb5/

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321