Soviet Pedal that needs repair... Any advice of who should I send it to?

What's Hot
Jimihendrix1987Jimihendrix1987 Frets: 224
Hi there,

I would be very grateful if you could guide me in the right direction. It is a Estradin Effekt-1 Phaser. It switches on and the LED blinks but there is no sound at all...

Everything is written in cyrillic... I thought it would be cool having an effect made in the Soviet Union and it would be awesome to see it working. 

A video of the effect in question:

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance !!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    My first suggestion would be to look through the "amp techs" sticky thread in the amp forum to see who near you services musical electronics, then get in touch to see if they can take a look at your pedal. 

I think @ThorpyFX is fairly close to you (in Northants, not Alicante), but I don't know if he takes on this sort of thing.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Try Martin Owen at Owen Electronics. It's a certainty that it will be a basic analogue circuit so even without a schematic for that exact model it should be repairable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Another vote for Owen Electronics.
    Very reasonabl prices for his repairs and mods.
  • Or JPF Amplification 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    DM'd

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8790
    I was gigging in the Collective Farm Band when my Soviet-made Estradin Effekt-1 Phaser broke down.

Or so I thought: Soviet pedals do not break down, as I learned in my 12 years in the re-education camp.  How we laughed as we learned to mine salt with our bare hands!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Many thanks everyone ! 

That is what I thought @JerkMoans ... Soviet stuff never breaks...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9593
    In Mother Russia effekt phases you.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom