SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Mini home amp for electric guitar......

What's Hot
JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
Looking for a Blackstar Debut 10 or Fly 3 amp. Liking the look of the Orange Crush too but delay control seems a useful addition.
Needs to fit on a bedside table have aux in and will consider other makes too.
Thanks Jon

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    More dosh and bigger footprint but I have a fender gt40 sitting on my bedside table and love it. Worth checking out. Bluetooth as well as aux in so use it as smart speaker too. I got a 90degree input power lead so that it sits nearer the wall so can still plant a cup of tea in front lol. Great amp flexibility in a small package. Had the fly 3 plus ext cab and it is very good but it is limited in what it offers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    JonHosker said:

Needs to fit on a bedside table have aux in and will consider other makes too.
    Thanks Jon

Check out the Yamaha THR amps !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
    Have tried the fly 3 and the orange, fly 3 is level above. A used THR 5 is different league altogether and I would never part with mine. 
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    THR5 or 10 for sure for that requirement
  • I have a boxed as new Yamaha THR 10C available for £165 if you are interested
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Thanks for the THR 10C offer.
    I owned one a few years ago and defo brilliant solution. I will ponder and consider this. To be honest, I need to hold off spending atm due to Gretsch purchase.
    Probably head for a THR in the summer.
    Thanks 
    Jon
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Would second the gt40 incl footswitch. Ive had the thr, adio, Headrush gigboard & amplifire and the gt40 is the best overall option for home playing imho
    for not much money or footprint - currently sitting on a bookshelf with the foot switch neatly stored underneath when not in use.

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    edited March 2021
    It has to be a toss up between a Vox AC30 and a 59 Fender Bassman . . . . Seriously though, its got to be the THR . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Yes...THR10 heading when I can afford to.
    The AC30...dream amp but would be a challenge at home!!
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 947
    JonHosker said:
    Yes...THR10 heading when I can afford to.
    The AC30...dream amp but would be a challenge at home!!
    Why the THR10?
    The THR's are brilliant, I've had a THR5, THR10 (sold), and a THR30 (returned). The THR5 is for me the keeper and sat in front of me now. Easily the simplest, most affordable of the bunch, and sounds awesome.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • I was in a similar position just after new year. I bought a second hand GT40 and have not regretted it.