SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Roland Juno DS-88 or similar

My sister’s after one of these so I said I’d see if anyone here has one or something similar.

She’s after it for worship practice and recording, mostly for classic key sounds but with the option of synth-y moments (I’ve suggested a DAW & soft-synths could help too!). Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    edited March 2021
    I assume that the chief appeal of the DS-88 lies in its eighty eight "progressive hammer action" keys and the built-in vocal processing rather than the ROMpler sound library.

The DAW plug-in software instrument suggestion only helps your sister if she already has a Controller keyboard with which she is already happy.

If your sister is a worship pianist/organist on Sundays and a Rave synthesist from Monday to Saturday, her money might be better invested in a pre-owned Roland Fantom workstation.

If the budget is tight, consider a pre-owned Roland XP-80 and a few SR-JV80 sound expansion boards. The downside to these is the semi-weighted key action will not satisfy a proper, trained pianist.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited March 2021
    I picked up an old Yamaha digital stage piano which I use exclusively with NI Kontakt, and various other VST plugins. I was very pleased with the price and functionality, but it weighs a ton and I don't move it around very often  
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    I've got a Korg Krome 88 note keyboard I am about to put up for sale.
    Let me know if you think it would suit and I can get photos.
    Has a hard case too.