Modmins and Community - should we have a Wanted Section in classifieds?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 2790
    ESBlonde said:
    There is the question of extra modmin time moving ads to the correct sub section. Are users not capable of using the search facilities? Que a raft of posts about shouldn't this be over there?
    Remember this is a free facility with a classified added on. It's not a classified that raises funds to feed the admin costs!

That's my £0.02
    Tin hat at the ready.

Don't you mean £-/-/2d....................
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 590
    Sounds like a good idea to me, Might it be possible to allow users to block sections of the forums via an ignore type list in their profiles? this is part of some pc tech forums im on and allows me to condense the main page into only what im interested in reading about without having to adblock div's.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 5129
    Gizmo said:
    Sounds like a good idea to me, Might it be possible to allow users to block sections of the forums via an ignore type list in their profiles? this is part of some pc tech forums im on and allows me to condense the main page into only what im interested in reading about without having to adblock div's.
    You means this? https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/202094/setting-your-viewing-preferences
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 4504
    Seems unnecessary
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 637
    Gassage said:
    Just browsing the classified and on FX alone, 16 of the the ads in page 1 of my feed were WTB ads.

Is it time that we perhaps have a sep WTB for each of the main catagories, just to help those seeking or those seeking a buyer, to find all in one place?

I think it would make it easier for both parties.

Thoughts?
    A yes from me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2324
    If we do do this, can I suggest the buyer has to quote a maximum budget, given that a seller is mandated to quote a price?

Hopefully that will dissuade bargain hunters - or at least make it clear who they are.

I am not against bargain hunters if they have been here forever and they are actually chatting about guitars/music etc.
    It is "kind of" a community, and if someone says "Guys....I am skint. Has anybody got a neck humbucker that is cheap, or even less?" I think we should help, if we can.  Maybe.

On the main question, I am swayed by the argument that more people see WTB ads with the current arrangement, and then think - Oh, I have one of those somewhere.

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4368
    Philtre said:
    WTB: a pirate memory game suitable for children of between 4 and 8. But not too piratey.
    @Philtre , ;

You can thank me later. 

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 August 2017

I bought this memory game as Margaret said it was suitable for ages 4-8. I didn't find it too piratey at all. The children (ages 4-8) are enjoying it very much! Thank you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2UB14XJU01ZKR/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01DKD198U

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 3076
    edited March 5
    @Handsome_Chris Is there a version without a parrot? I don't like games with parrots in.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 22187
    Skipped said:
    If we do do this, can I suggest the buyer has to quote a maximum budget, given that a seller is mandated to quote a price?

Hopefully that will dissuade bargain hunters - or at least make it clear who they are.

I am not against bargain hunters if they have been here forever and they are actually chatting about guitars/music etc.
    It is "kind of" a community, and if someone says "Guys....I am skint. Has anybody got a neck humbucker that is cheap, or even less?" I think we should help, if we can.  Maybe.

On the main question, I am swayed by the argument that more people see WTB ads with the current arrangement, and then think - Oh, I have one of those somewhere.
    I have no problem with someone who’s short of money asking for some help - it’s the people who wants to buy something specific who when contacted want to pay way below the figure you’ve suggested. 

The idea of stating a maximum budget is you a least know roughly what the person is looking to pay. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 4939
    Philtre said:
    WTB: a pirate memory game suitable for children of between 4 and 8. But not too piratey.
    @Philtre , ;

You can thank me later. 

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 August 2017

I bought this memory game as Margaret said it was suitable for ages 4-8. I didn't find it too piratey at all. The children (ages 4-8) are enjoying it very much! Thank you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2UB14XJU01ZKR/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01DKD198U

Does this play like butt-arrrrrrrrrrr?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter