What to do with a rubbish guitar...

What's Hot
NeillNeill Frets: 941
I have an old Antoria Les Paul copy that I bought many years ago, fortunately for very little money.  I thought I was getting a bargain as I had owned a couple of Antorias, a semi and a telecaster, and they were both excellent, in fact I don't know why i sold them.  But this LP is truly dreadful, it doesn't have a single redeeming feature.  The pickups are crap, the pots are crap, the frets are about worn down to the board, it's a bolt on neck.  It doesn't look too bad from a distance but I won't hang it on the wall as it just reminds me of my bad judgement. 

I thought of just giving it away but I would hate someone to get hold of it as a first/learning instrument as it simply isn't fit to play. 

I have a wood burning stove and I think it will burn quite well, but that displays lack of imagination.

Any suggestions as to how I can recycle this transgression?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LogieLogie Frets: 443
    Stick a Gibson logo on it and sell it to a flipper.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 165
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    It could be smashed to pieces at the end of a gig after lockdown creating an amazing spectacle 
      A quick change of guitar to the Antoria and let the mayhem commence 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • When giiging is allowed again do a Pete Townshend with it! If you want to do it right, bring a Bugera 4x12 cab or two!
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    If nobody else comes up with anything, I'll take it of your' hands as I'm looking for something to practice a refret on and I'll pay the shipping costs. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    WeZ84 said:
    That's a good start - it is after all a LP Standard (see what I did there?)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Is it a Gold top that has been heavily modified in the past (extra switches etc) if so... it could be my old one and I would pay *A LOT* to have it back irrespective of condition.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• NeillNeill Frets: 941
    edited March 2021
    It could be smashed to pieces at the end of a gig after lockdown creating an amazing spectacle 
    Now that is a good idea too... But the damn thing is quite solidly built it would do some damage before it gave up.  I could set fire to it a la Hendrix I suppose..? 

Actually, thinking on not such a good idea.  If anyone saw me trying to smash a guitar up on stage they would immediately send for a paramedic, and I would probably need one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    impmann said:
    Is it a Gold top that has been heavily modified in the past (extra switches etc) if so... it could be my old one and I would pay *A LOT* to have it back irrespective of condition.
    Just to add to this... I have been searching for this guitar for 30 years! And ever since joining eBay in 2001, I have daily looked for it. 
    Yep, I want it back *THAT* much for a variety of personal reasons.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Why not put it on eBay and claim it is rare and vintage - that should bag you £500 right there... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    Set it up for slide?

Put a blindfold on, get a sander and "relic" it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    Donate it to md Phillips , he could make a 4 string long scale baritone ukulele out of it for people with sausage fingers 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    As per my message, I can give Antoria LPs a happy home...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22714
    Neill said:
    Now that is a good idea too... But the damn thing is quite solidly built it would do some damage before it gave up.  I could set fire to it a la Hendrix I suppose..? 

Actually, thinking on not such a good idea.  If anyone saw me trying to smash a guitar up on stage they would immediately send for a paramedic, and I would probably need one.
    Rocket launcher in the neck and smoke bombs in the pickups, like Ace Frehley.  Then to be on the safe side, get someone else to play it.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    Keep it. All the others are in captivity at H7’s - which means it’s extremely rare....
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
    Stick it in the Classifieds here, state that it's the best guitar you have ever played, but 'last in first out' policy means it needs to go.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I'd do as @dilbert says - either use it to practice some guitar maintenance stuff, or sell/give it to someone who will do the same. I learned a ton with a broken Epi LP.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Charity shop.
    Then a flipper can buy it.
    We never think of the flippers.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    As per my message, I can give Antoria LPs a happy home...

I was going to say that ther are collectors of old Japanese guitars, such as Antoria...

...but of course!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    prowla said:

I was going to say that ther are collectors of old Japanese guitars, such as Antoria...

...but of course!

Who else? :D

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/