Dumbarse question du jour

dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
edited March 2021 in Studio & Recording
I've now got my recording system up and running, in the end I went for a Behringer UPhoria UMC404HD AI and a pair of Presonus Eris 4.5 Monitors. I'm quite pleased with my initial efforts, not even remotely George Martin standard but it was enjoyable and sounded somewhat like a guitar, which I took to be a promising start!

However, I want to record my GT-8 through it and I'm not sure of the connections, specifically for stereo. Would I be right in assuming that I would have to output the two channels from the GT-8 into an adaptor lead that would then combine them but have a TRS output to go into the AI and that the TRS outputs from the AI would then output the L&R channels? I've racked my brains and can't see another way but I get the feeling I'm overlooking something. BTW, to anticipate 'RTFM' responses, I did and the 'manual', (Hah!) for the AI is absolute garbage.

Thanks for your' help.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4774
    I'm doing this blind, but surely your mic pres are mono, not stereo? So you'd plug the left into one and the right into another and record two mono tracks. I've never tried to record my HX FX in stereo, but that's how I'd start. 
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    edited March 2021
    You need to set up a stereo track in whatever software you record to, and it'll ask you to set an input each for the Left and Right channels.  Set that to (for example) input 1 and 2 of your interface. Connect the left output of your GT8 to input 1, right output to Input 2, and make sure you set the two input gains on your interface to the same level. 
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    @TheBigDipper & @mike257, that makes perfect sense, thanks to you both for the advice.