Apple fans . Will there be a new iPad Pro soon?

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
Any ideas?

I'm looking at a bigger tablet for work and music stuff but I don't want to buy just yet if a new one is coming in the next few weeks.

ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    edited March 2021
    It is mid cycle, but no one can know for sure.

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#12-9-iPad-Pro
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1083
    There's an event rumoured for the 23rd March. They're saying airtags and ipad pros but no one knows for sure yet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    I will give it a couple of weeks then.

ta.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1083
    I will give it a couple of weeks then.

ta.
    yeah no harm in waiting to see if you're not in a rush...

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/03/08/apple-airtags-and-ipad-pro-event-now-rumored-for-march-23

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26743
    Yep - there’s talk of OLED screens, which would presumably also come with a spec bump and price drop/clearance for current models 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Check out Rene Ritchie's site he makes vids about the latest Apple rumours

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Considering they just discontinued the iMac Pro I guess that's probably getting a refresh.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Considering they just discontinued the iMac Pro I guess that's probably getting a refresh.
    I wonder how the M3 chip stacks up against the Xeon in the iMac Pro.
    Yep - there’s talk of OLED screens, which would presumably also come with a spec bump and price drop/clearance for current models 
    I am thinking more of a reduced price for existing kit.

I've never used any tablet to it's max. this time I would like Pencil use and a large screen as I'm trying to go paperless as much as possible and my Air 2 is a bit small for staring at all day.

And music wise a bigger screen for sight reading would be good, and there's loads of transcription  / composing apps that use the pencil now - far better than having to use a mouse to select the note and paste it into position.

The existing ones do all those tasks very well so if I can save a bit of money..,. that would be ace.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1367
    I'm hoping my iPad Pro will last long enough for a newer version to appear. Mine's one of the early ones and has served me well, though now the button occasionally fails to respond to being pressed. I much prefer having the larger screen of the Pro, which is virtually the size of A4 paper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep - there’s talk of OLED screens, which would presumably also come with a spec bump and price drop/clearance for current models 
    I am thinking more of a reduced price for existing kit.

I've never used any tablet to it's max. this time I would like Pencil use and a large screen as I'm trying to go paperless as much as possible and my Air 2 is a bit small for staring at all day.

And music wise a bigger screen for sight reading would be good, and there's loads of transcription  / composing apps that use the pencil now - far better than having to use a mouse to select the note and paste it into position.

The existing ones do all those tasks very well so if I can save a bit of money..,. that would be ace.
    This is what I’m looking at too. I have a 10” iPad Pro but the screen is just a bit too small to be a paper substitute. 

The current 12” one would probably be fine, especially with a discount.. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Were any new iPads revealed? I fancy a iPad Air or a new mini to replace my iPad mini 2, so want to check if they’re likely to be replaced soon.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    The expected March event never happened.

The expectation is now that there will be one in April.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    I've been looking at a new ipad cos I've got an ipad 4 that's really slow now.

I've seen that you can use the pencil to write music directly in to composition apps. Do you need the Pro for that, or is there another cheaper ipad that's fine for it?
    tFB Trader
    DefaultM said:

I've seen that you can use the pencil to write music directly in to composition apps. Do you need the Pro for that, or is there another cheaper ipad that's fine for it?

It works with various models: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211029

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    edited March 2021
    There were some stories floating about (I am aware of the upcoming irony in 3...2...1... ) re Apple deliberately seeding info about events and products into parts of the company they thought might be the source of leaks, so that could have been why there was a lot of articles that seemed to be confident of a March event, certain products etc 
    Red ones are better. 
    DefaultM said:

It works with various models: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211029

Thanks, do you know if the older ones in that list run the apps smoothly though? I was thinking of getting the 2015 ipad pro but I don't want it to be a draw and then see the notes appear 3 seconds later type thing.
    Can you use the apple pencil with guitar pro or similar software? I've already got it on the computer but it would be a lot quicker to write it in on ipad.
    DefaultM said:
    Can you use the apple pencil with guitar pro or similar software? I've already got it on the computer but it would be a lot quicker to write it in on ipad.
    There are several pencil music apps. Most are for proper music rather than tab but I'd be surprised if those didn't have a tab function as well.