What's Hot

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    beed84 said:
    Dominic said:
    beed84 said:
    Dominic said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    It's not a complex if you actually are superior - and let's face it, Moron sets the bar pretty low.
    Worrying when you realise he's such a moron but a hell of a lot richer than you ..........he also goes to much better events ,eats in better restaurants and generally has a much more fun and eventful life ! 
    These factors do not entail he has a better life, nor do they mean your life will be better if you can do those things. 

Don't be conned into compensating yourself with those sentiments ......it's a myth perpetuated by those who need to maintain a status quo and use religion as a control mechanism .
    Personally, I don't think I came into this world as a baby entitled to any less than somebody born in a more fortunate bed .
    Whatever you have is great and you should enjoy to the full but don't think for one minute that , assuming you have your health ,having plenty of money too isn't a bonus because it sure is.

beed84 said:
    Dominic said:
    beed84 said:
    Dominic said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    It's not a complex if you actually are superior - and let's face it, Moron sets the bar pretty low.
    Worrying when you realise he's such a moron but a hell of a lot richer than you ..........he also goes to much better events ,eats in better restaurants and generally has a much more fun and eventful life ! 
    These factors do not entail he has a better life, nor do they mean your life will be better if you can do those things. 

Don't be conned into compensating yourself with those sentiments ......it's a myth perpetuated by those who need to maintain a status quo and use religion as a control mechanism .
    Personally, I don't think I came into this world as a baby entitled to any less than somebody born in a more fortunate bed .
    Whatever you have is great and you should enjoy to the full but don't think for one minute that , assuming you have your health ,having plenty of money too isn't a bonus because it sure is.
    I get what you're saying, but isn't there a huge distinction between "having plenty of money being a bonus" and being rich equating to a "much more fun and eventful life"? Also, is it not an assumption that Piers is indeed experiencing the latter statement. Are we really sure he has a better life just because he has more money? Probably not, just as much as other rich people have troubled lives.

I don't disagree that having more money brings a sense of security, but having more of it doesn't necessarily mean that life becomes increasingly better. If the only way to a meaningful life is being rich and living extravagantly, then the fundamental and more significant aspects of living are quashed – you will never be satisfied with what you have. And if ever that fortune you have disappears, then what? ... With the greatest respect, I don't think it's me who is being conned here.
    You're not wrong but you are missing the point;
    All I'm saying is that it's better to be Rich and unhappy than Poor and Unhappy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6128
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Piers was the one bloke that was holding the government and others to account.

You might not like him but he's a brilliant interviewer and a great journo.

I'll miss his honesty and forthrightness.
    great journo? are you taking the proverbial? he oversaw the decision to "hack" milly dowlers voicemail in order to get a scoop on her disappearance, causing her parents to have false hope that she was alive. By any measure that makes him a morally bankrupt cretin at best but if you deem it great journalism then wow, the bar is low.. He is not exactly Dan Rather is he?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    Does he even merit the title journalist? Based on his recent output he appears to be one of the new breed of opinion hosts. He has much more in common with Tucker Carlson than with Jon Snow; and like Carlson he spouts self important, 'I am the story' style bollocks.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10201
    Yea he’s an absolutely shocker of a journalist. The recent interview with Trump where he barely pressed him on anything. Just a fluff piece. Pathetic. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't remember him asking Trump about ice-cream :lol:

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I don't understand his obsession with Meghan Markle.
    Does anyone on here care that much about the royal family?
    I know I don't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Sassafras said:
    I know I don't.
    I can’t believe that there’s a three page thread on here about someone as self-serving, egotistical and obnoxious as him - but apparently there is, so I’m sure the same goes for Ms Markle.. 

Wonders never cease.
  • Sassafras said:
    I know I don't.
    I can’t believe that there’s a three page thread on here about someone as self-serving, egotistical and obnoxious as him - but apparently there is, so I’m sure the same goes for Ms Markle.. 

Wonders never cease.
    I could make another DD-500 appreciation thread if it would help??

Bye!

Sassafras said:
    I know I don't.

Wonders never cease.
    I could make another DD-500 appreciation thread if it would help??
    You can go down any rabbit hole you like.. just as long as I don’t have to read it ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4997
    Piers is the sort person that would  retrofit a bigsby.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Reverend said:
    He blatantly owns several R8's and several PRS's !!

Bye!

Reverend said:
    He blatantly owns several R8's and several PRS's !!
    He wouldn’t want any guitar unless it was his own signature model.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    ThorpyFX said:
    Gassage said:
    Piers was the one bloke that was holding the government and others to account.

You might not like him but he's a brilliant interviewer and a great journo.

I'll miss his honesty and forthrightness.
    great journo? are you taking the proverbial? he oversaw the decision to "hack" milly dowlers voicemail in order to get a scoop on her disappearance, causing her parents to have false hope that she was alive. By any measure that makes him a morally bankrupt cretin at best but if you deem it great journalism then wow, the bar is low.. He is not exactly Dan Rather is he?
    Not to mention the stuff he did to the armed forces, insider trading and lord knows what else.

Honesty? I can't think of a less applicable word.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2629
    He's more like the ideal customer for those dodgy "vintage" guitar dealers there are occasionally threads complaining about. Will lecture at length about his "original" '58 Les Paul, but doesn't actually play it. 
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Reverend said:
    .....or put EMGs in a Rickenbacker.
  • MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
    Had to make this.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Has he actually said that though?

Bye!

Yeah. He was doorstepped by reporters yesterday, and said more or less word-for-word "The woke crowd think they've cancelled me, but they haven't, I'll be back". I didn't realise anybody was taking credit for his voluntary walk-off but he seems to think they are.
    Also, as far as I understood it, the questions that caused him to storm off weren't even politically charged. He was being asked about his friendship with Megan, which obviously has a tumultuous history, and he didn't want to answer them. For some reason he's turned it into a left/right cultural thing. I've seen some grasping at straws in my time but his blatant agenda to stoke the culture war has never been more feeble. Hence the poorly orchestrated meme.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    As far as I could see he had a hissy fit because an inoffensive bloke said some inoffensive things calling him out for his behaviour, and he couldn't handle it.

Sadly he will be back.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein