Marvin Hagler

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
What a legend, from what was for me the golden age of boxing. To young at 66 R. I. P
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Blimey that's a shocker. I was a big Tommy Hearns fan back then and his fight with hagler is still the best fight I've ever seen.

RIP Marvelous Marvin

• monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    One of the greats in an era off many greats and his bouts with Hearn and Sugar Ray stand out for me

RIP Marvelous Marvin
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    A proper legend and ATG.  
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    That was the one era that I got into boxing. Some amazing fights. RIP Marvin.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14037
    tFB Trader
    I'm not really into boxing today, for whatever reason - But recall that era when Leonard, Duran, Hearns ruled the ring, along with Hagler - I was a Hagler fan and always felt he was robbed when he lost the fight to Leonard  - Either way a great era of boxing - RIP big man
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 549
    edited March 2021
    Just seen this . . . . Absolutely Gutted . . . What a Boxer ! ! 

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• Jeez that's young. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I remember going to Las Vegas the week after his fight with Leonard and it was playing on the screens there.
    That was a golden age of boxing.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Absolute shocker. I can't watch boxing, anymore, but there was a time when I was really into it. Hagler was absolutely awesome. One of the greatest of all time, and the top man, in his time. I thought he got robbed against leonard, too..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14037
    tFB Trader
    usedtobe said:
    Absolute shocker. I can't watch boxing, anymore, but there was a time when I was really into it. Hagler was absolutely awesome. One of the greatest of all time, and the top man, in his time. I thought he got robbed against leonard, too..!
    Going to find a couple of youtube clips to watch some of those middle weight fights again - They were all epic, competing against each other - A true golden era IMO
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    I remember how big the Minter Hagler fight was
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    An incredible athlete. I always had total respect for the way he stepped right back after the Leonard fight. 
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 331
    RIP Marvellous Marvin, a sad loss to sport. 66 is the same age my dad died and it's far too young. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran...the golden era that got me into boxing and what an era it was.