How To Insert A Tunnel

What's Hot
fobfob Frets: 1430
A timelapse of a tunnel being inserted under a motorway in a single weekend in the Netherlands. I'm confident the UK could be as efficient (cough).

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Similar but much longer done at Warrington in January beneath railway https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/tv/watch/werrington-dive-under

dont know why they didn’t get a better angle for the time lapse camera because this was a really challenging push, as it was not only bloomin long, but it was on a curve too.

the other risk with this one is that if you get stuck, you can always divert traffic.  If that happens with a mainline railway there ain’t many places they can be diverted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    sev112 said:
    Similar but much longer done at Warrington in January beneath railway https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/tv/watch/werrington-dive-under

dont know why they didn’t get a better angle for the time lapse camera because this was a really challenging push, as it was not only bloomin long, but it was on a curve too.

the other risk with this one is that if you get stuck, you can always divert traffic.  If that happens with a mainline railway there ain’t many places they can be diverted.

That's not Warrington. It's Warrington which is a small village/suburb on the edge of Peterborough.
    Werrington

i think both our spell checkers ar working too hard ! :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kept expecting to see Kevin McCloud off grand designs pop up and say something about great architecture creating order from chaos.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18738
    Thought this was going to be about our glorious PM's plans  ;)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I’ve lost track of how long they’ve been improving the bridge near Worcester by our office. Needs some Dutch people on the job. 
    Quite a few large tunnels in the Netherlands, seems to be their preference over bridges. Or bridges that go up in the air, I’ve driven over the Afsluitdijk which is a 20 mile causeway. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Aha, Reading,  good choice @Handsome_Chris :)
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    I wonder if Gerry Anderson ever saw the Reading bridge video before he died. I'm sure it would have given him great satisfaction: that transporter for the main section is straight out of Thunderbirds.

"Today is the day they're moving the Empire State Building"