Windows - iTunes alternatives ?

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
iTunes at it again, this time allowing me to purchase an album but not let me play it as I'm "Unauthorised" :p

It's resolved, but a right palaver.  I'm just sick of the bloody thing losing content, uploading to iCloud (without permission) etc, etc

I still need something to upload tunes to my phone.

Media Monkey seems well thought of - any other recommends ? (also, where do you buy legit content other than Apple ? Amazon ?)
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27465
    Jalapeno said:
    Media Monkey seems well thought of 
    It's what I use.

Just bought MM5 (still in beta, but getting close to full release).

I don't use it for syncing to iPhone (because I don't have an iPhone!), but I believe that's quite easy to do;

MM has a very active and helpful forum.  The dev team behind it are also very helpful and responsive (check the MM5 beta discussions).

For content, I still buy "CDs" and rip them.  I'm expecting those to be retro-chic in a few years, so I'm ahead of the game.

MM is also pretty good for playback on the PC - which is where I mainly listen from.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Ta, really helpful.

anyone else ?

Feedback
  • I'll vote for MediaMonkey too. Before I got an iPhone I used MM and synced my library manually with my Android phone. I bought music from Amazon and set the download location for purchased files to the same location as the MM library, and set MM to automatically scan for new files on opening.
    I copied the whole MM library onto a microSD card and put it in my phone, so I had my whole library with me all the time - then when I needed to add new purchases to my phone I just connected via USB and synced the new stuff.

To be honest, it sounds much more of a faff writing it all down like that than it actually was to do!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    I have the paid for version of MM and highly rates it, had iphones for years and while the new ones take a little while to get supported they always come through in the end.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Oh and I still buy CD's and rip them, first to flac for the home media server, then to Alac (for the iphone) and again to MP3 to fit the whole library on a ipod for the car.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Ta

Feedback
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Have a look at Vox - it plays hi res files on your iphone, but I haven't use the library management part, don't know if it actually has one tbf.
  • Winamp still works.

Bye!

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    I used to always use Media Monkey. But the last few years have used Musicbee instead.