U2 Gigs on YouTube starting tonight

What's Hot

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I’ve only seen u2 once and that was at Manchester arena on the experience and innocence tour.  It was superb.  The setlist had a fair amount of achtung baby/zooropa so I was very happy https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2018/manchester-arena-manchester-england-5396ef15.html 
    there’s a concert film on sky arts of the 2nd half of the Berlin gig which has a similar set.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    edited April 2021
    pmg said:
    I’ve only seen u2 once and that was at Manchester arena on the experience and innocence tour.  It was superb.  The setlist had a fair amount of achtung baby/zooropa so I was very happy https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2018/manchester-arena-manchester-england-5396ef15.html 
    there’s a concert film on sky arts of the 2nd half of the Berlin gig which has a similar set.  

The European shows were much better than the North American leg. When they got to Europe they ditched a few songs that were left in from the 2015 I&E shows and added in the Achtung Baby section. It was bloody brilliant!

I was at the two Berlin shows. I thought it was tour over when Bono lost his voice 3 songs in on the second night. They left stage and never came back as his voice had totally gone.

Fortunately he was ok and fit to sing for the rest of the tour.
    Can confirm the 2019 JT was exceptional. I have a feeling they’d consider a ZooTV.com tour next year if the world is allowing that sort of thing by then. 

I’ve often said if I had a time machine I’d spend my first month just going back and watching U2 gigs and I’d start with ZooTV
    Did you get to any of the JT 2019 gigs @stickyfiddle ;?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    russpm said:
    Can confirm the 2019 JT was exceptional. I have a feeling they’d consider a ZooTV.com tour next year if the world is allowing that sort of thing by then. 

I’ve often said if I had a time machine I’d spend my first month just going back and watching U2 gigs and I’d start with ZooTV

Yeah. I wanted to go to the Rome show in 2017 but the timing didn’t work. In the end we spent far too much money and ended up in Mumbai for the final lap of the 2019 run. 

Did manage to have a man-nod with Adam Clayton at breakfast the following morning :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I looked into tickets for the 2017 (?) Tour but think they were £300 upwards? Not sure I'd pay that for any gig.

My Elland Road ticket stub from '87 reminds me that it cost £22.50 - which also included support from The Fall, The Mission and The Pretenders. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    russpm said:

Yeah. I wanted to go to the Rome show in 2017 but the timing didn’t work. In the end we spent far too much money and ended up in Mumbai for the final lap of the 2019 run. 

Did manage to have a man-nod with Adam Clayton at breakfast the following morning :)
    That’s brilliant!
    Me and the missus went to the NZ shows and most of the Oz shows. We were lucky to meet Adam, Edge and Bono at various points. 

Great memories.
    Hattigol said:
    I looked into tickets for the 2017 (?) Tour but think they were £300 upwards? Not sure I'd pay that for any gig.

My Elland Road ticket stub from '87 reminds me that it cost £22.50 - which also included support from The Fall, The Mission and The Pretenders. 
    The seated tickets were expensive for the 2017 shows but the GA tickets were around £65 from memory.

that’s a great line up at the Leeds gig. I went to one of the Wembley shows and got Lone Justice (hmmm), Lou Reed (very cool) and the Pogues (not for me at the time). Wish I’d have gone to the Leeds gig as that would have been much closer to home. In those days you just booked a coach and ticket package through the local paper and they just had the Wembley shows.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    Great band. I have to fast forward in between numbers.   Is it just me that cannot stand Bono’s endless preachy self indulgent chat in between numbers? It’s like he just has to hear the sound of his own voice. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    rze99 said:
    Great band. I have to fast forward in between numbers.   Is it just me that cannot stand Bono’s endless preachy self indulgent chat in between numbers? It’s like he just has to hear the sound of his own voice. 
    Popmart's the show for you then.
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    I missed the Slane Castle (Elevation?) show that they listed. How long do they stay on YouTube for? I watched Red Rocks last week but I’ve seen it a few times anyway. I’ll watch the Pop Mart show tomorrow... I saw them on this tour at Roundhay Park in Leeds. I saw them on the ZooTV tour there too a few years earlier. I also managed to catch them on the original Joshua Tree tour in 87 at both Wembley and Cardiff. They’re a brilliant band live. I’ve been getting back into them again recently after quite a long hiatus from listening to their stuff.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    russpm said:
    Hattigol said:

The seated tickets were expensive for the 2017 shows but the GA tickets were around £65 from memory.

that’s a great line up at the Leeds gig. I went to one of the Wembley shows and got Lone Justice (hmmm), Lou Reed (very cool) and the Pogues (not for me at the time). Wish I’d have gone to the Leeds gig as that would have been much closer to home. In those days you just booked a coach and ticket package through the local paper and they just had the Wembley shows.
    I went to one of the Wembley gigs too in '87. Can't for the life of me remember who supported them.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Budgie said:
    I missed the Slane Castle (Elevation?) show that they listed. How long do they stay on YouTube for? I watched Red Rocks last week but I’ve seen it a few times anyway. I’ll watch the Pop Mart show tomorrow... I saw them on this tour at Roundhay Park in Leeds. I saw them on the ZooTV tour there too a few years earlier. I also managed to catch them on the original Joshua Tree tour in 87 at both Wembley and Cardiff. They’re a brilliant band live. I’ve been getting back into them again recently after quite a long hiatus from listening to their stuff.
    They state the videos will be up for 48 hours @Budgie ;
    They're all on youtube in various forms though iirc, just not these remaster HD edits. The U2VEVO account definitely has a lot of the single songs at least. 
    edited April 2021
    Cheers guys. I’m quite impressed with the remastered HD shows so far. I really enjoyed Mexico PopMart. I seem to remember thunderstorms and heavy showers in Leeds when I saw this tour, although it may have just been the lead up to the show... I think Cast supported.
    Budgie said:
    Cheers guys. I’m quite impressed with the remastered HD shows so far. I really enjoyed Mexico PopMart. I seem to remember thunderstorms and heavy showers in Leeds when I saw this tour, although it may have just been the lead up to the show... I think Cast supported.
    It did mate. The rain was absolutely ridiculous beforehand and whilst Cast were on. The weather cleared up nicely for U2 coming on miraculously!
    russpm said:
    Budgie said:
    It did mate. The rain was absolutely ridiculous beforehand and whilst Cast were on. The weather cleared up nicely for U2 coming on miraculously!
    I definitely remember it ending dry! It remember it being a bloody good show though.
    The final U2 The Virtual Road show is in YouTube tomorrow (Saturday 10th April).

iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE live from Paris 2015.

Its a great sound and visual story / journey.

This U2 gig was rearranged following the awful atrocities that took place in Paris at the Eagles of Death Metal concert. So the atmosphere was pretty special and I believe that comes across in the show.

Enjoy
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    So far Slane Castle’s my favourite, followed by the raw energy of Red Rocks. Wasn’t that keen on the Spinal Tapesque Popmart. 

Looking forward to the next one this weekend, I’ve not seen that at all. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    So far Slane Castle’s my favourite, followed by the raw energy of Red Rocks. Wasn’t that keen on the Spinal Tapesque Popmart. 

Looking forward to the next one this weekend, I’ve not seen that at all. 
    It’s a good one
    I'm not a the fan of the later shows if I'm honest. The Vertigo Chicago one is ok, but the 360 Rose Bowl show doesn't work for me as they're all too spread apart for too long. Probably great if you were standing on the floor though. 

I adore the staging of the I+E/E+I shows and desperately wanted to see that one live, but the latest material doesn't work as well for me