If you like that, you're an idiot....

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Jim-BobJim-Bob Frets: 15

I think “identity” comes close to the top of the list of spleen venting incitements.

It becomes vitriolic because a river runs between the existing concepts and a degree time money and of identity is already invested one way or the other in them quite early in life. Choosing the electric over the acoustic or the Gibbo over Fender probably means you won’t have the spare cash to get the other one for years. You will be keen to convince yourself you made right choice!

When something like this cruises over the horizon parks up between two well established behemoths  The new thing just might gain new adherents from both of the existing camps but it also becomes a target for the existing adherents of both because it is a heresy of both.  Most often, unless it’s PRS and carves out its own curly maple and tinted identity it gets ignored and fades or becomes a super niche cult.  

I truly hope to see people out gigging them when the world starts turning again.  If they get used on beer festival stages and open mics over the summer and if they don’t sound awful and don’t have obvious technical issues then they will sell to people who get out and play a mixed set of live songs.  The niche is take it out, plug it in and play with zero faff.  I have a Taylor T5 so I certainly don’t have the need but if they sound good I might start to feel the itch…

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24994

Last night I found myself watching some of the many YouTubers who've been sent the Acoustasonic Jazzmaster to try out - Paul Davids, Mary Spender, Robert Baker, Pete Thorn.

It is quite appealing, I have to say.  The distorted electric sound definitely seems to be the least successful aspect.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1379
    Calling somebody you don’t know rude names, based on their choice of guitar, says nothing about the person choosing the guitar and everything about the person calling the names.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom