Bloody eBay not going to be using PayPal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4143
    From what I can tell this is going to make selling much cheaper? 

Why is this a problem? Waiting two days isn't a big deal, and that'll probably get quicker over time. 
    It’s the trust element, I’ve been with PayPal 18 years or more and can’t really relay any bad experience , eBay are a bit sneaky though 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10205

Why is this a problem? Waiting two days isn't a big deal, and that'll probably get quicker over time. 
    It’s the trust element, I’ve been with PayPal 18 years or more and can’t really relay any bad experience , eBay are a bit sneaky though 
    How are they sneaky?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10205

Whitecat said:

Wouldn’t say “much” cheaper. 0.6% lower on your average transaction. Worse if you do cash on collection or bank transfer - then you will actually be paying more than you used to. 
    Surely if you don't have to use PayPal, and use £1 final value fee offer, it'll be 3.5% cheaper?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5415

Whitecat said:

Wouldn’t say “much” cheaper. 0.6% lower on your average transaction. Worse if you do cash on collection or bank transfer - then you will actually be paying more than you used to. 
    Surely if you don't have to use PayPal, and use £1 final value fee offer, it'll be 3.5% cheaper?
    The £1 FVF creates the best scenario for sure. Be wary of the new “international” fee they’ve created though - I just got stung. If you use the GSP, ship directly outside the UK yourself or if the winning bidder’s eBay account was registered on another eBay site (ie, not .co.uk) - even if they have a legit shipping address in the UK - you now pay an extra 3% on top of the £1 (or on top of your standard fees if you’re outside the offer). 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    The fees are the fees, and I don't have a problem with them because no-one's forcing me to use eBay. But trying to find out how much it's going to charge me to sell something is a ball-ache. It should be more up front in that respect.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @mort ; see here for more details
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Whitecat said:
    The £1 FVF creates the best scenario for sure. Be wary of the new “international” fee they’ve created though - I just got stung. If you use the GSP, ship directly outside the UK yourself or if the winning bidder’s eBay account was registered on another eBay site (ie, not .co.uk) - even if they have a legit shipping address in the UK - you now pay an extra 3% on top of the £1 (or on top of your standard fees if you’re outside the offer). 
    I wondered what that was about. Similarly just found out the hard way. Oh well, it still works out cheaper than the old PayPal fees. Sold a couple of items last Friday and am still awaiting payment - just noticed the wait is in 'business days'.

They seem to be steering sellers to use eBay's own shipping service, to find out the address of the buyer you now have to open the shipping page whereas before I would ship to the PayPal provided address.

All in all a positive change imo; selling an item to a UK buyer now costs £1 in total if you take advantage of their fortnightly offers but they'll surely devise some way of clawing back more profit in the long run.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • furtherfurther Frets: 88
    edited March 2021
    I sold an item on Monday 22nd still haven't got the money.
    13.15 money in bank account
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 543
    further said:
    I sold something over the weekend - money in my bank yesterday.

Seems 2-3 working days is about the norm, so you should get yours soon.

Mine was an £800 sale using the £1 FVF offer.
    A quid for the service & payment processing combined - can’t knock that!
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    I bought something off ebay yesterday and the payments page said that Paypal wasn't an option so i had to pay by credit card.
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    Lewligan said:
    further said:
    I sold something over the weekend - money in my bank yesterday.

Seems 2-3 working days is about the norm, so you should get yours soon.

Mine was an £800 sale using the £1 FVF offer.
    A quid for the service & payment processing combined - can’t knock that!
    I agree. But can buyers still do charge backs within the 190 day period? Thus leaving ones bank account open to a possible refund direct to ebay?. 

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7024
    tFB Trader
    euan said:
    I think the issue people have is that it requires setting up a direct debit with eBay so they could take money from you without your prior knowledge. I'm not sure I trust eBay with that, and much less their ability to promptly address any mistake.
    Worse than DD, it looks more like open banking integration. 
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    PayPal split from EBay a few years ago to distance themselves from shopping Shit.
    They are still linked with google whether you like it or not.