NBD: New bike day!

What's Hot

Comments

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Fair point! Sometimes I feel drawn to the idea of a bike just to be able to enjoy the roads nearby

Last I was on a two wheeled motor was about 13 years ago, a 115c automatic Yamaha scooter!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Cor blimey that was a fun ride! Fits like a bloomin glove. Lovely power delivery, nice and smooth through all the gears. There may have been a bit of a twitch from both mine and the bikes rear end when I gave it the beans coming out of a corner and forgot I was scrubbing in new tyres!  :s 

Zero weight on the wrists either, I could ride it for hours.  

Proper happy. 
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31570
    Nice one, sounds more comfy than my 675 Daytona was then!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12310
    Vrooom!
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Veeerrry nice indeed
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    Hmm got some electrickery to sort out on the morn. Me lights go out if I switch from high beam or press the pass button. Lucky I got in before the sun set.  :s
  • Zepp did the tooth fairy buy you that? :lol:

Sexy hog!

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18725
    zepp76 said:
    Hmm got some electrickery to sort out on the morn. Me lights go out if I switch from high beam or press the pass button. Lucky I got in before the sun set.  :s
    Warranty fix (even 14 day) surely?
    zepp76 said:
    Warranty fix (even 14 day) surely?
    Yes it’s got a 30 day warranty, it only seems to be the relay. Around a tenner or so for a new one, I can pick one up from the Triumph dealership down the road but I WILL make the dealership I bought it from pay for it. They are oop north so it’s too much hassle to faff around with them. I’ll just phone and say bung me the money for it.

Zepp did the tooth fairy buy you that? :lol:

Sexy hog!
    Hog? Bloomin hog! This is british don’t you know.  :3
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Enjoy it Zepp........lovely bike .....just remember to go a bit careful til you're really back in the saddle (some idiot nearly had me off yesterday )
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1577
    zepp76 said:

Zepp did the tooth fairy buy you that? :lol:

Sexy hog!
    Hog? Bloomin hog! This is british don’t you know.  :3
    That might be you he's taking about Zepp.. ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Another NBD coming Thursday, Suzuki GSX1400 with lots of trick bits. Noice.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lovely engines on these & an Akrapovic pipe too (is that a full new exhaust system?).
    Would be too much weight for me to shove about these days, but a really nice bike :)   Enjoy :+1: 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited January 2022
    Love the speeds, great choice, I bought a curve GPS tracker for my bike as I have had 3 taken in the last 18 years (all due to lack of proper security on my part....... And thieving scum ) sold secure chain as well,
    Don't  chance it as the triumphs are hugely popular on the parts market. Especially the older ones, 
    I thought my 04 zx10r was gonna be fine as its so old, but no they chopped through chain and pushed it away all caught on cctv, 

I have gone away from full sports bikes recently., you just can't use the power on the road, but there's a lot of fun up to 70 so I bought a yam Trx850 it's a twin 850 engine in a sports frame, quite fast and totally unique ride, I prefer it to the super sports I have owned 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lovely engines on these & an Akrapovic pipe too (is that a full new exhaust system?).
    Would be too much weight for me to shove about these days, but a really nice bike :)   Enjoy :+1: 
    Hello! Yes it’s a full Titanium system. This bike and it’s weight suits me perfectly being a bit of a lump myself, I can’t get on with bikes that are too light I like something I can wrestle with.  :s
    Yes, I like a heavier bike .........no replacement for displacement and all that !
    A lot of Hypersports bikes have got so light and small that if you're over 5'8 and 11 stone they're just cramped and uncomfortable for anything more than a 20 minute blast.
    edited January 2022
    Love the speeds, great choice, I bought a curve GPS tracker for my bike as I have had 3 taken in the last 18 years (all due to lack of proper security on my part....... And thieving scum ) sold secure chain as well,
    Don't  chance it as the triumphs are hugely popular on the parts market. Especially the older ones, 
    I thought my 04 zx10r was gonna be fine as its so old, but no they chopped through chain and pushed it away all caught on cctv, 

I have gone away from full sports bikes recently., you just can't use the power on the road, but there's a lot of fun up to 70 so I bought a yam Trx850 it's a twin 850 engine in a sports frame, quite fast and totally unique ride, I prefer it to the super sports I have owned 

TRX850’s are stonking bikes! You just have to love the sound of a parallel twin with a 270 degree crank (my other bike has exactly that). Very nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    Yes, I like a heavier bike .........no replacement for displacement and all that !
    A lot of Hypersports bikes have got so light and small that if you're over 5'8 and 11 stone they're just cramped and uncomfortable for anything more than a 20 minute blast.
    Exactly, I’m 6’4” and bordering 20 stone so need all the space and torque I can get!
    Agree about TRX850's being great bikes. They are now appreciating in value as people finally realise how excellent they were.
    I too like bigger, stable bikes, but It's just getting too physically difficult to manouvre them through my back passage (ohh err, fnaa fnaa!) to my secure back yard, which also has an adverse camber. Gravity seems to have it in for me  ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

That's essentially a Japanese Ducati SS series .......they ride very well and you can get the power on hard as early as you like in a corner