^ you are, because I’d absolutely be a groupie for St. Vincent

You're a woman?

Annie is into the whole spectrum.

She's just great, just generally.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    boogieman said:
    It definitely hasn’t died out, I know a lady who is into offering sexual favours to band members, just so she can boast about who she’s had to her friends. 
    Patsy Kensit? 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    My only experience of a 'groupie' was when our band played at the 102 Club in Derby. A lady approached me and asked if I would like to go to her house and watch some dirty videos.

Tempting as it was(n't), the lady in question was wearing an all black ensemble of bomber jacket, jeans and Doc Martens. Her neck was also wider than her head. The close cropped hair probably accentuated that, to be fair.

I appreciate that I was STILL punching above my weight, but I respectfully (and fearfully) declined.
    Call me Dave.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    One of my mates married a girl from York. We were getting pissed in the Lowther with some of their mates and someone piped up with 'Hey Rachel, weren't you shagging the drummer from Shed 7 before you met James?'.

The guy sat next to me tapped me on the shoulder and discreetly said 'She's been through a lot more of that band than just the drummer' :-)

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited March 2021
    Lodious said:
    One of my mates married a girl from York. We were getting pissed in the Lowther with some of their mates and someone piped up with 'Hey Rachel, weren't you shagging the drummer from Shed 7 before you met James?'.

The guy sat next to me tapped me on the shoulder and discreetly said 'She's been through a lot more of that band than just the drummer' :-)

That makes for a great groom's speech at the wedding:
    My wife likes Shed Seven,
    She especially likes Rick Witter,
    She said "Fk that!
    Take off your hat,
    And do me up the *******!"

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Sassafras said:
    Women are more discerning, blokes'll shag anything.
    You obviously don't know the same girls we used to hang out with.

I've known a three girls that could be considered 'groupies', proper serious ones. 
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    Sassafras said:
    I did The Nolans .
    What all of em?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2391
    When I was at Hard Rock Hell a few years back, Quiet Riot headlined with Jizzy Pearl on guitar. I was stood to the side of the stage, in the area where the bands would come and go.

There was a rather hot lady there who kept going backstage with various people. She was stood near me when Jizzy (or 'Jizz' to his mates) asked if she'd like to go to his dressing room. She gave the most weathering look I have ever seen and flatly said "No".

So yeah, groupies do still exist - although not to the same extent I'd imagine.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited March 2021
    Our previous band drummer was once chased down the side alley to the pub by a girl with calipers on her legs. He was wearing a Santa's outfit at the time. No, I don't know, either.

Swears blind he didn't pork her, but he was gone quite a while, so we just put two and two together and came up with five.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5133
    I bought a used copy of a Black Crowes album (I think it was the self-titled debut album) from Cash Convertors in Derby once. The woman at the till muttered the band's name, thought for a moment, pointed at one of the hapless Crowes on the cover and announced that she'd shagged him.

Still my least favourite Crowes album.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    I was stood to the side of the stage, in the area where the bands would come and go.

... and that's the problem with today's rock stars... no staying power.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12358
    Eeee, I’ve ad a right busy day luv, I don’t know if I’m coming or going. 

I’d say yer going. When yer coming yer face looks like a stroke victim sucking a peppermint. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom