FedEx weirdness

Non guitar related delivery expected yesterday, having been ordered in January and coming from overseas.  FedEx tracking said due by 1200.  That changed at 1155 to say Delivered, and the Tracking Report said it was signed for by someone with a name similar to but spelt differently to mine.  Much swearing and I assume it's gone to the wrong addess and it'll be another 2-3 months to get another.  Couldn't get FedEx on the phone, obviously, but eventually during an online text support chat at around 1300 while the bloke was saying he would escalate - it arrived!

No uniform, plain white van, no scanning or tracking device.  I asked if he was FedEx and he said he "was helping a driver out".

Is this a thing?  Real FedEx man scans some items as delivered and gets a mate to drop them off for some cash?

In a year of many lockdown deliveries this is a first.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited March 2021
    Quite possible, couriers are snowed right now so the driver might be using all the help he can get to stay on track. We had a vaguely similar thing last week with Amazon. Had a delivery marked on the Amazon site as a problem with delivery via DHL (never known Amazon to use them before) and they said I had to contact DHL myself (huh?) but then it arrived later the same day via Parcelforce. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This might explain why so many deliveries round here seem to go awry. Delivery man gets his mate to help but parcels have to be signed for on the system within the delivery window. Mate signs for them and delivers them at his leisure. If times were normal you wouldn’t know or care if it turns up an hour or two late
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom