First bad experience with DPD

kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
edited March 2021 in Off Topic
So I ordered a guitar from Guitarguitar on the 19th of March. I paid the extra for Saturday delivery as I was impatient and couldn’t wait til the Monday.

The Guitar never turned up on the Saturday and the tracking link that came through on email from DPD wasn’t working. I kept trying the tracking link, low and behold on Sunday afternoon it started working. Not sure if they had some kind of IT problem. Anyway the tracking info stated the guitar was sat in their depot in Exeter. I’m in Carlisle so they kind of overshot the mark a bit there.

I contacted Guitarguitar about it and they got on the case. However they seemed to be hitting brick walls, with DPD claiming they couldn’t find the guitar. In the end I instructed guitarguitar to advise DPD to return the guitar to sender and requested a refund. (I had actually found the same guitar in the mean time and purchased it elsewhere)

It would appear Guitarguitar were getting no-where with DPD with the last contact they had with them being the end of last week. The message then was they still couldn’t find the guitar.

Then low and behold, out of the blue the guitar appeared back at their Glasgow store on Saturday?!?!

So they have the guitar back and are processing my refund.

To be fair it’s the first bad experience I’ve had with DPD. It would appear if things do go wrong it’s a nightmare trying to get any straight answers or actually speak to anyone at all.

Fair play to Guitarguitar they were ultra helpful and kept me informed about what was going on. So I can’t fault them in any way.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    When I ordered my Les Paul from guitarguitar the couriers just left it on the doorstep, in full view of the road. It was a big box with “Gibson” in huge writing all over it. How it didn’t got stolen I’ll never know. Can’t remember if it was DPD or not though. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7014
    tFB Trader
    DPD will have charged GG for both outward and return deliveries, even though it was their fault delivery didn't happen. 
  • DPD will have charged GG for both outward and return deliveries, even though it was their fault delivery didn't happen. 
    Just to point out Guitarguitar refunded my Saturday delivery charge (£9.99) as soon as I made them aware it wasn’t delivered on the Saturday. No messing about.
  • westwest Frets: 996
    This exact senario happend to me except with world guitars and a collings soco ...  logistical failures ... would avoid ... !