Stolen labradors

What's Hot
monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
Excuse the Facebook link but would be good to share this around the country.
Dogs were stolen in my local town on Saturday, would be great to see them returned

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208915460159425&id=1703034973
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Heartbreaking. There is so much of this happening at the moment.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    FFS - there's some low life about. Let's hope for a safe return.
    Call me Dave.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    Who leaves their dogs outside M&S? wtf?

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Scumbags ......if caught they should be lightly  boiled,rolled in salt and then left to die slowly
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6147
    Hopefully 80 or more dogs will be reunited with their owners after this raid: https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/crime/west-meadows-travellers-site-stolen-dogs-investigation-continues-7855584
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Just two stolen breeding Cockers can net you £42k a year tax free,

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    stonevibe said:
    Who leaves their dogs outside M&S? wtf?
    Far too many bloody people. They don't seem to care that it stresses the hell out of their dogs, and they're convinced that dog thieves would never target their dogs.

There's one asshat of a woman who leaves her poor Frenchie outside the shop next to us all the time, then takes about 15 minutes in there harassing the shop workers and aimlessly wandering about while the poor little bugger is literally shaking with fear outside. I unhooked his lead and took him to the other side of the car park (dogs seem to inherently trust me) as an object lesson, then sat on the floor with him on my lap until she came out.

She came out, looked around in a panic, and I took him back to her - she screamed blue bloody murder about how I was stealing her dog and, when nobody reacted (I was clearly handing the lead back to her), I gave her both barrels about how she was asking for it with her callous treatment of her dog. I'm sure it didn't help her state of mind that the dog was intent on standing next to me instead of her and tried to follow me as I walked away.

Next day...the dog was tied up outside the shop again. I fucking despair.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24283
    Talking of dogs - I had to get between what looked VERY much like a large pitbull bitch and a poodle this evening.  The pitbull had jumped out of a parked car because it clocked the poodle and wanted it for dinner.  The poor woman with the poodle was screaming and swinging her dog around on the lead - in the air - to try to keep it away from the pitbull.  The owner of which and I were trying to restrain it when it slipped free of its (fucking loose!) collar and made another lunge at the screaming woman and the chair-o-plane poodle.  Luckily, no blood was spilled and the poodle was fine - if a little traumatised.  The owner was in a state of shock though.

All the owner of the pitbull could say was "It's never done anything like that before!!" over and over.  Stupid cow.  If it was a pitbull, it's a banned breed.  Either way, you don't have a very powerful dog like that with just a loose fitting collar.  You have it in a strong harness and on a fucking lead.  I hope the dog doesn't get put down though.  It's not the dog's fault.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    'He's just playing' is the routine comment I get from arsehole dog owners whose dog is attempting to eat my spaniel.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    That theft was on BBC breakfast news this morning and the general high rates of dog thefts at the moment. Nearly three times the amount of dogs stolen in the U.K. in 2020 compared to the previous year. 
    An easy theft that is worth £hundreds it’s not hard to see why it is done, although if someone is a dog lover why are they buying dogs of dubious origin from some dubious bloke? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Just heard they've been found and recovered safe and well
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    There's a huge upsurge locally in dig thefts.

I'm now incredibly cautious about when and where I let Lola off the lead as she does love to run. 

I am aware of organised gangs who work in tandem, van loaded up, targeting certain dogs they see locally - so I won't walk anywhere near parking areas, exit routes to parks and so on.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    Sambostar said:

This is part of the problem - it's a crime which if caught will get you done for merely theft - suspended sentence if that - maybe animal cruelty (which carries jokily low sentences) and no concern given for haven taken an innocent animal from a loving home and put it into a life of misery to add to your personal wealth.

Sentences for animal theft need to go right up, it's a violent crime in consequence for owner and animal and should be treated as such.

I've really got no time for criminals of any kind, but these dog thieving cunts doing that to innocent animals, and childrens best friends, a special level of contempt exists from me.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    Sambostar said:

This is part of the problem - it's a crime which if caught will get you done for merely theft - suspended sentence if that - maybe animal cruelty (which carries jokily low sentences) and no concern given for haven taken an innocent animal from a loving home and put it into a life of misery to add to your personal wealth.

Sentences for animal theft need to go right up, it's a violent crime in consequence for owner and animal and should be treated as such.

I've really got no time for criminals of any kind, but these dog thieving cunts doing that to innocent animals, and childrens best friends, a special level of contempt exists from me.

This compounded by the 'legal status' of a dog- it's legally a 'chattel' currently- there's a bill going through parliament I think) that puts a dog in a status that acknowledges it's a little more than that, driven by arguments in divorces over dogs.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• danodano Frets: 1592
    Sambostar said:

By Cockers you mean those hybrid Cockapoo dogs ?

They are all the rage near me, when I'm doing the school drop off / pick up every other school mum has one of those. Cockapoos are a middle class trophy dog, there must be a lot of unscrupulous breeders pumping them out.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18717
    dano said:
    Sambostar said:

They are all the rage near me, when I'm doing the school drop off / pick up every other school mum has one of those. Cockapoos are a middle class trophy dog, there must be a lot of unscrupulous breeders pumping them out.

Cockers are Cocker Spaniels, a breed, often pedigree.
    Cockapoo's are a Cocker Spaniel/ Poodle cross. A mongrel...  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    monofin said:
    That is good to know. Thanks.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    dano said:
    Sambostar said:

Cockers are Cocker Spaniels, a breed, often pedigree.

And the best damn dogs in the world...  <3
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1795
    rocktron said:
    monofin said:
    That is good to know. Thanks.
    Even better than just finding them; it sounds like three people have been arrested and charged
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    Gassage said:
    There's a huge upsurge locally in dig thefts.

You are Inspector Clouseau and ICM£5.

I'm not a dog lover (not a hater, just not a lover) but the people who carry out these thefts are utterly immoral.

I'm reminded of Blackadder's torture method for Darling in Operation Winkle ("to winkle out the spies"), todger between two baps and a call of "here Fido". On the other hand, Fido doesn't deserve it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom