Which would you prefer to look like?

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    Neill said:

I mean, if you were a girl, what in the world would you find appealing about Boris Johnson..?
    The ability to rule the country without the inconvenience of having to be elected.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited March 2021
    ICBM said:
    Neill said:

I mean, if you were a girl, what in the world would you find appealing about Boris Johnson..?
    The ability to rule the country without the inconvenience of having to be elected.
    Too many letters?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited March 2021
    axisus said:
    Bullsh*t! I don't believe anyone would prefer a dad bod to a toned one. Shows how stupid these supposed surveys are.

I think you are wrong, a lot of people are just not that body conscious to that extent. 

I've never been ripped, and I've oscillated from overweight to in range - but they are all variants of the dad bod and I've always been happy with how I look. Getting to the guy on the right just looks like a lot of time, effort and not a lot of fun.
  • DB1 said:
    Either would be fine, as my current look is more 'burst mattress'.
    Zem? Is that you?
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1553
    I am "heavy boned". At least that is what I have been telling myself since I was fourteen.

No matter what I do, I am never going to be a slim ting...
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    Musicwolf said:
    It doesn't matter how much I work out.  With all my body hair I'm still going to look like this anyway.

Bloody hell, the epidemic's not been kind to Dr Robert Winston.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Blows my mind that some are calling the guy on the right "unnatural" - like .... no dudes... that's what we're supposed to look like. He's not jacked at all. He just eats well and moves. 

The guy on the left is an absolute disgrace. Pretty much what I look like! :lol:

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Put it this way, if I was forced to blow one of them at gunpoint, I'm going guy on the right. No sense in getting a headache from having to hold up a cows carcass of a stomach!

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Women are very happy to go for fat............especially in the wallet department
    You rarely see a very succesful businessman without an arm candy wife
    You also see a lot of very smug Tennis Coaches
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    And riding instructors and definitely the mega handsome mobile farrier I used to drink with. He had more trophy wives than I could count...
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16543
    I never had any body confidence for most if my life.

I'm finally quite happy with what I see in the mirror.... and that is totally thanks to a woman who much prefers dad bods.   I think she's been fattening me up though ;)
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited March 2021
    Blows my mind that some are calling the guy on the right "unnatural" - like .... no dudes... that's what we're supposed to look like. He's not jacked at all. He just eats well and moves. 

The guy on the left is an absolute disgrace. Pretty much what I look like! lol

I used the word unnatural because the only thing that produces a six pack like the one in the pic in the op is going to the gym and forcing it to look like that. As I said I have moved plenty and ate well all my life and I don't have stomach muscles like that. Imo it's disproportionate to the rest of his body. The muscle is all bunched in the middle. He's done lots of work in one area an imo neglected the rest. It's a fashion. 

I don't agree with "that's what we're supposed to look like".
  • Blows my mind that some are calling the guy on the right "unnatural" - like .... no dudes... that's what we're supposed to look like. He's not jacked at all. He just eats well and moves. 

The guy on the left is an absolute disgrace. Pretty much what I look like! lol

I used the word unnatural because the only thing that produces a six pack like the one in the pic in the op is going to the gym and forcing it to look like that. As I said I have moved plenty and ate well all my life and I don't have stomach muscles like that. Imo it's disproportionate to the rest of his body. The muscle is all bunched in the middle. He's done lots of work in one area an imo neglected the rest. It's a fashion. 

What do you mean by "that's what we're supposed to look like"? 
    That's not true Dave. You don't get a defined six pack through excessive gym work alone, diet is super important.

We're supposed to look roughly like sinewy fighting machines. We're not supposed to look like fat bastards. That goes for men and women btw.

Bye!

You need to eat, yeah. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited March 2021
    Put it this way, if I was forced to blow one of them at gunpoint, I'm going guy on the right.
    Sounds like another reason to have a dad bod then!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1563
    Does anyone think that the pic on the right is normal for a healthy person?

Only time I ever looked like that in my life was when we went on a two week youth-club trip to the Isle of Man and the bstds running it skimmed about half the food budget for themselves and fed us on cornflakes and toast the whole time :)

A six-pack isn't all that common btw. You need an exceptionally low body-fat content, and a fairly symmetrical set of abdominal muscles. People think they're more common than they really are because of the amount of images of males in the media with them - but that's primarily because that physique is the one that advertisers and media types promote. 

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1563
    edited March 2021
     Getting to the guy on the right just looks like a lot of time, effort and not a lot of fun.
    The guy on the right looks to me like a typical 'gym-bunny'. Too low a body fat content for comfort/health, over developed pecs, and not enough muscle round his core for any real  power or strength. Would look good in a t-shirt, but fk'all use if you needed him :)

The other chap does seem to look about 6 months pregnant though .. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    ICBM said:
    I’m thinner than the guy on the right and paler than the guy on the left...
    Me too.

But just to go back to the original question, wasn't the survey saying other people like men with dad bods?  I doubt anyone would actually want their own body to look like the one on the left.
    AK99 said:
     Getting to the guy on the right just looks like a lot of time, effort and not a lot of fun.
    The guy on the right looks to me like a typical 'gym-bunny'. Too low a body fat content for comfort/health, over developed pecs, and not enough muscle round his core for any real  power or strength. Would look good in a t-shirt, but fk'all use if you needed him :

Yup.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I think if you want to see what men would look like as nature intended you can look at people who live as hunters like the himba.

Generally they are pretty low body fat with pronounced abs and pecs but not stupidly shredded.