Cross-generational cultural references - don't bother

What's Hot
I am what used to be called a 'man of a certain age.' I'm 61 in June, in other words.

Yesterday, as I loaded my Waitrose van for my regular Monday morning route, the young lass (age 23) from admin who puts up the daily rota, sorts out all the admin, etc, came out with a bottle of champagne and a bunch of flowers.

"This is for Mrs Basterfield, it's her 100th order today, and we're giving her something as a thank you. We need you to present her with these when you do her drop this morning."

Well, well, if I'd known that was going to happen, I'd have brought my kazoo, given her a fanfare as I present them. Then again, given this is Waitrose, perhaps Fanfare for the Common Man probably isn't all that appropriate.

Pause.

"Is that by The Smiths?"
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4129
    Ok boomer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Fanfare for the what what?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    I am what used to be called a 'man of a certain age.' I'm 61 in June, in other words.

Yesterday, as I loaded my Waitrose van for my regular Monday morning route, the young lass (age 23) from admin who puts up the daily rota, sorts out all the admin, etc, came out with a bottle of champagne and a bunch of flowers.

"This is for Mrs Basterfield, it's her 100th order today, and we're giving her something as a thank you. We need you to present her with these when you do her drop this morning."

Well, well, if I'd known that was going to happen, I'd have brought my kazoo, given her a fanfare as I present them. Then again, given this is Waitrose, perhaps Fanfare for the Common Man probably isn't all that appropriate.

Pause.

"Is that by The Smiths?"
    will I get some?
    Need to check how many orders I've had
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    I don't know how you cope landing jobs like these ;)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic