Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    edited June 2021
    Yep we borrowed a shell kit last time for the practice room. I brought kick pedal and cymbals.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HCDaviesHCDavies Frets: 12
    Saturday is also better for me.

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @nickp - as no-one has yet indicated a preference for Sunday, suggest that we go ahead and make the booking for the first Saturday available (2nd Oct). Last time we had to pay to hire a drum kit, but maybe worth trying to sweet talk Factory into throwing it in  ;)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Going to go with Get The Funk Out - Extreme, and Hot For Teacher - Van Halen (though appreciate the drums on the latter are difficult). Will take a look at the spreadsheet and try to update if needed.
    I’ll play the drums on Eruption instead!
    haha :) Had another listen and it is a bit ridiculous actually. We do it in my band but haven't rehearsed for over a year, so I didn't really remember how complex it was. I'll choose something else  =)
    Have belatedly updated the first post with all songs suggested so far  :)
    Just to ask are we starting "Just What I Needed" with the E chord? Also Rock of Ages, we're not going to detune to Eb for that are we. On RoA I'm happy to do bass if no one else want's to.

• nickpnickp Frets: 183
    @Brocco ; - will book tomorrow.  I'll pay if necessary.  Will see about kit.  9am till 6.  I haven't looked at song list yet - too busy with work 
    @nickp - thanks Nick. Once it's booked and we know the total cost, we can decide what we each contribute

HCDavies - yes, Just What I Needed will start on E
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    HCDavies said:
    Just to ask are we starting "Just What I Needed" with the E chord? Also Rock of Ages, we're not going to detune to Eb for that are we. On RoA I'm happy to do bass if no one else want's to.

I did a cover of this ages ago...its in E yes...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 531
    sorry for the late reply . Saturday the 2nd works for me.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    HCDavies said:

Rock of Ages is in E standard on the track, no?  (I think they tune down live these days because Joe Elliott.)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Txs both 
    I've just emailed Factory studios to confirm the booking as 9am till 6pm on the 2nd October (Saturday) - live room and the lounge.  Hope they will reply fairly quickly so I can confirm for sure
    @nickp - thanks Nick. Have updated the discussion header with the provisional date and also added a link to the Factory website to the first post
    @Brocco ; all booked - there were a few errors their end so it's 9am until 5.30pm and it was £155 for both rooms (she forgot to price in the lounge).  So we have the live room and the Lounge.  I have paid.  Saturday 2 October confirmed.
    @nickp - thank you Nick -- discussion header and first post now reflect this.

We currently have 17 names down, so suggest that we each pay Nick £10 (to allow for one or two people potentially withdrawing). Assuming everyone is ok with that, please reimburse Nick as soon as you can so he is not out of pocket (Nick please could you confirm your paypal details). 
    @Brocco ; - is that best done on PM or on the songlist?  rahher than splash my work email on here??  

I should take a look at the songlist as it will encourage me to pick up guitar which has been dormant for about 6 weeks :(

@nickp - noted - rather than you having to chase us up individually, perhaps it would be best if everyone sends you a PM so payments can be sorted 
    This is probably the moment to start the discussion about how we will set up the live room (we need kit that can be used by the "house band") and get views on recording vs not recording (on a DIY basis). It would be ideal if someone with technical know-how could kindly volunteer to drive this aspect and coordinate set-up on the day.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Various subscribers have stated that they are willing to play bass guitar on some of the nominated songs. This is not necessarily the same as actually bringing your own on which to play.

My questions for those planning to bring a bass guitar to the event are;
    1) What make/model(s) will you be carrying on the day?
    2) Are you willing to let other attendees use your instrument(s) in anger?

The intention is to avoid ending up with half a dozen of the same design. (i.e. Precision sporting elderly flatwound strings.) If I know what others will be bringing, I could bring something different.

Be seeing you.
This discussion has been closed.