SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD*(via eBay) FS Taylor 522e 12 fret (revised 2016- model)

What's Hot
J.PJ.P Frets: 44
edited April 2021 in Acoustics £

Hi, 

Up for sale is my stunning small bodied (GC shape) Taylor. Bought new from Coda, it’s got a Mahogany neck, back, sides and top with jet black ebony fretboard, bridge and peg head overlay. This is the revised version (2016-) so on top of the revised and improved X bracing, has a beautiful deep gloss finish and tortoise shell binding around the body. The rosette, inlays, tuning buttons and Taylor decal are all an inlaid aged ivoroid. Being a slotted headstock also adds to the aesthetic and the detailing on the tuning machines is awesome.

Being a smaller body (much like a Martin 00) it’s brilliantly comfortable for longer sessions or just jamming on the couch. Couple that with it being shorter scale (Gibson scale length) and twelve frets to the body it’s easily the most comfortable acoustic I’ve ever owned and plays effortlessly. Crazily this more compact design doesn’t seem to leave you with a small guitar sound. Just a more intermate sweetness. Picking or strumming she’s happy. In fact after I bought it (new) I sold my custom Martin HD28 as the Taylor did everything the Martin did, just more comfortably! The mahogany gives her a real Gibson-esk woodyness but there’s also this really sweet top end like a Martin. Despite sounding great in front of a mic there are times when going direct is the only option. For this the ES2 preamp system has you covered and for me has proved an actual usable solution rather than other systems that tend to sound anaemic, brittle and leave you with that generic plugged in acoustic sound. 

The only two blemishes to note are pictured and are tiny knocks to the top of the headstock. 

Of course comes with its original Taylor case. 

Knocking on £3k new now so treat yourself to a stellar guitar for reasonably terrestrial money. 

Was £1800, Now £1695 NOW £1650!! 

Any questions feel free to send me a message. 

Happy for buyer to assume risk and arrange own courier. 

Photos : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders1tZr_KHEOu4pVOfhTFfvlOQOWkObQhxAm

A decent demo can be found:

https://youtu.be/RwQqhzJe4n0

Cheers

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You know when they say, "right person, wrong time"
    This is exactly how I feel about this guitar lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • J.PJ.P Frets: 44
    benjyt123 said:
    You know when they say, "right person, wrong time"
    This is exactly how I feel about this guitar lol