Sadness - Cat passed away

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GandalphGandalph Frets: 1576
    Really sorry for your loss @spark240. ;
    There are plenty of cats out there right now that don’t have loving homes and willing laps to warm their paws on. Take solace from the fact that you more than likely helped Milly have the best possible cat life she could have had, you probably wouldn’t be posting about losing her on here if you hadn’t!
    I’ve got a cat called Milly too, when Gandalph died a few years ago she wondered around like a lost soul for a good few weeks. I still miss that little fella, he was a prince of cats.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4630
    Sorry to hear this. Losing a pet can be harder than losing a family member/friend.

• IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Sorry for your loss. 12 is ok for a moggy and I'm sure she had an amazing life, so you're entitled to allow yourself to chin up a little. Fernando passed away a couple of years back, at 18. He had a massive double bed and a huge terrace. He had a luxurious life, literally. He was a stray when I got him back in 2001. He'll be always missed though. Crikey, I dreamed of a pooch I had when I was a tiny rascal. Maybe it's time to get hold of a new family member. It'll be a stray, a mongrel this time. Yeah, a pooch... or 2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Sad times. My sincere condolences.

Wishing you all the best. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Sorry to hear this. Losing a pet can be harder than losing a family member/friend.

This is oddly true I’ve found....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    Lost a 16 year old last year not a day goes by without thinking of her. Wishing you the best
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Sorry to hear it @spark240 :( I’ve not had a pet for over a decade but know the sentiment. Best wishes
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Sad news, our cat gets the most attention out of anyone in our family.
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1050
    The pain you suffer when a pet dies is sometimes horrendous. I feel for the OP here I really do.

My neighbour ran over our cat and I was in bits for weeks. Haven’t been able to get a replacement ever since as the pain of him passing was too much to want to go through it all again. 

I feel for you OP, it won’t be easy for a while. 
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4985
    edited April 2021
    Currently sat with Mr Doof on my lap and feeling a terrible sense of dread for when the little bugger eventually does have to go (he's currently in good health and only about 8). It's reasonably inevitable, unless he outlives me, lol, but we just have to put it to the back of our minds and spoil the little shits rotten until it's that time D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    RIP. My condolences.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Rob1742 said:
    The pain you suffer when a pet dies is sometimes horrendous. I feel for the OP here I really do.

My neighbour ran over our cat and I was in bits for weeks. Haven’t been able to get a replacement ever since as the pain of him passing was too much to want to go through it all again. 

I feel for you OP, it won’t be easy for a while. 
    We had exactly that with our first cat many years ago,,..it wasn’t the neighbours Fault really but I couldn’t get over it either way.....we always seem to have had 2 cats so I just feel for the one on his own now, they been together for 12 years....I’m not even sure if cats are actually that bothered but he seems a little lost at the moment,

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    They're all different, but then so are people. I had a schoolmate who went in to school like normal the day after his mum died. Asked him about it later, he explained that he didn't know what else to do.

We lost a couple of cats about 18 months apart. The first one left behind a sister who got very clingy for a while. Then when *she* died, The new cat we'd had for 17 months barely moved from a chair in the least used corner of the house, except to eat and use the litter tray, for a fortnight and even now 7 years later bows her head sadly if she sees a picture of her old buddy.

It's safe to assume your other cat's feeling a lot of what you're feeling - they have memories, emotions and attachments so I don't see why they wouldn't. But that means you're not feeling it alone.
  • It is a big loss because they are such a big part of your life for such a long time. The cat that owned us passed away 5 years ago and we still miss it. An adrenaline junkie, it used to get our neighbour's bad tempered dog to chase it round their garden and sit and wait for the dog to get its breath back to carry it on.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1556
    That’s really sad news, and never easy - chin up...

It is a long time since my cat (Charlie - the toughest cat in Norwich) died, but I still think about him a lot.

Memories are a great thing, and am sure you have loads of Milly - she looks a cutie.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I'm sorry mate. :(
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...