Studio Monitor Stands - recommendations please

I'm in the middle of sorting out my home office/music room, and I'm going to need to get some stands for my monitors - I'm a tad concerned due to the fact the room is carpeted, and therefore the stands could be a bit unstable.

Does anyone have any recommendations/tips for keeping the stand sturdy and ensuring the speakers don't fall off?

Thanks!

Dave
This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    You can get stands with spikes that will keep them stable on most surfaces. Or you could buy a couple of paving slabs and put the stands on those.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Stuckfast said:
    You can get stands with spikes that will keep them stable on most surfaces. Or you could buy a couple of paving slabs and put the stands on those.
    I'll have a look at the spikey ones. I'd imagine putting paving slabs down will not only upset my other half, but won't solve the problem as they will still move with the floor.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • I have Adam Hall stands that have an option of spike or screw in feet, they are very stable and solid. I would recommend them for home use.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    PC_Dave said:
    I'm in the middle of sorting out my home office/music room, and I'm going to need to get some stands for my monitors - I'm a tad concerned due to the fact the room is carpeted, and therefore the stands could be a bit unstable.

Does anyone have any recommendations/tips for keeping the stand sturdy and ensuring the speakers don't fall off?

Thanks!

Dave
    High end: Sound Anchor. They are excellent but expensive and need to be shipped from the US.
    They have spikes and are hugely stable.
    Probably overkill for sub £1k monitors but I won't put my ATC's on anything else.

Mid price: Zaor. I used these before I got my Sound Anchors.
    They are stable and some models have feet where you can set the height if the floor is a little uneven.

At the cheaper end: Ultimate stand do a few models worth checking out.