Double Deckers

What's Hot

Comments

• yockyyocky Frets: 807
    How did I miss Cabanas at the time? They sound fantastic.

Someone is flogging homemade ones with added caramel on Etsy. I'm going in...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    zepp76 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    @zepp76 That's the one, thanks!  :) 

So it didn't begin with R.  I don't remember ever seeing that advert.
    It was my favourite choccy treat for a long time, kept in the fridge for extra tooth breaking ability! That and a biscuit boost. Mmm 
    That's the problem with some of these things, they have to be at just the right temperature.  I don't like them so cold that the caramel or nougat snaps, but I hate it in the summer when they go all melty.

Here am I am going on about chocolate bars, I haven't eaten one in ten years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Philly_Q said:
    zepp76 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    @zepp76 That's the one, thanks!  :) 

So it didn't begin with R.  I don't remember ever seeing that advert.
    It was my favourite choccy treat for a long time, kept in the fridge for extra tooth breaking ability! That and a biscuit boost. Mmm 
    That's the problem with some of these things, they have to be at just the right temperature.  I don't like them so cold that the caramel or nougat snaps, but I hate it in the summer when they go all melty.

Reminds me of my great invention, the classic chocolate bar that never was. Slightly melt a packet of Revels, mush into a bar shape and cool. Each bite a surprise, okay much lie just eating Revels but with the added taste of chocolate that’s been in your pocket for too long. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Cadburys Old Jamaica 
    Chocolate bar of Exquisite taste ...........I'D give my right arm for one (and get a hook instead )
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323

bobblehat said:
    "Banjo" … and roast nut flavour too!
    I see your single entendres and raise you a Fry's Chocolate Cream.
    Be seeing you.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12257
    As with all chocolate bars, they are best straight out of the freezer. Room temp chocolate is always a no-no.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  •  What? No curly wurly...  i remember when they were a yard long! 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    edited April 2021
    Philly_Q said:

I'm trying to remember one which was two sticks, wafer, caramel on the top, quite chewy... I think it began with R but that could be wrong...?
    Drifter? edit: see someone's already called it.

Good call on NUTTY by the way. I'd forgotten how bloody lovely they were. I used to eat all the peanuts off the outside and save the inside till last (which is where the real action was).

I also remember Milk tray bar, it was shaped into the various different flavours, quite an art form. When I felt like something a bit posh as an 8 year old lol

My Mum used to love Amazin' bars. I didn't, as 6 year olds didn't like raisins, did they?

Also, Ovaltine bar. That was a nice bit of chocolate.

• westwest Frets: 994
    i'll risk it for a swisskit  ... or even a Husky bar ......
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Ooh how about a caramac? Not a chewy bar of delight but still a sweet treat now and again. I haven't had one in yonks,
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1553

Don’t worry, I think I have made up for you.

@Dominic - Old Jamaica was amazingly lovely. I was even a sucker for the wrapper and the marketing - it all contributed to me pestering my parents to investigate smugglers etc whenever we went to Cornwall on holiday.

It was downhill from there !
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3597
    edited April 2021

Don’t worry, I think I have made up for you.

@Dominic - Old Jamaica was amazingly lovely. I was even a sucker for the wrapper and the marketing - it all contributed to me pestering my parents to investigate smugglers etc whenever we went to Cornwall on holiday.

It was downhill from there !
    Decend further...

https://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/cadbury-bournville-old-jamaica-100g-box-of-18.html

Shame they did not go for an orange wrapper...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Crikey - 18 bars. I wonder how long that would last ?

Appalling packaging - I know they have tagged it "new old !", but the wrapper was quite key (to a 10 year old).
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6597
    I don't think that any of you understand how privileged you are. 
    I never ate any of this sweet stuff due to having type 1 diabetes since the age of 10 months.
    Sugar was always medicine.  
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Bar 6, which was routed in the choccy wafer wars by KitKat. 

merlin said:
    I never ate any of this sweet stuff due to having type 1 diabetes since the age of 10 months.

That's really tough - you do have my sympathy.

I have phases where I am on a liquid nutrition diet, so not allowed any food at all, but it is usually for a finite time therefore I can look forward to change - definitely not in your ballpark.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    zepp76 said:
    Ooh how about a caramac? Not a chewy bar of delight but still a sweet treat now and again. I haven't had one in yonks,
    Caramac is a standing joke in my house.........it all relates to a story from my childhood..........
    .I was a typical 12 year old from an all-boys school and sexually inquisitive .I had noticed that Claire Venables (age 13) had started to develop some juvenile torpedo shaped breasts which were evident when we went to Tennis Coaching on Saturday mornings .Her parents were very austere and strict and didn't allow her sweets or chocolate so I had found her Achilles heel when she used to beg me for a piece of my Caramac bar.
    In a particularly fiendish and scheming way I decided to seize upon her weakness and schemed that a whole Caramac bar of her own would probably be an irresistible temptation .
     It took me 2 whole weeks pocket money saving to buy the extra large Caramac bar and proposition the trade for a topless exposure and unencumbered feel of her tits behind the Tennis Club Pavillion one July morning............ It worked .
     Poor Claire ......after tolerating the vile 12 year old perv for 5 whole minutes she devoured the Caramac in one go; and very well-deserved it was too !
    Not being used to sweets or chocolate she was violently sick before the second coaching coaching session of the morning .
    I remember the sick was a horrible foamy beige colour.
     I didn't feel any remorse as I was still glowing from my acheivement and felt very grown-up.Sigh.
    ........and to add insult to injury I tried the same move on her friend,Adrienne,as soon as I saved up for a bottle of Coke (she wasn't allowed fizzy drinks )
    What a monster I was !
    My wife and kids know the story and bought me a large Caramac for Xmas from a retro on-line sweet shop !
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Yuk! I couldn't possible eat something that sweet.

I get a flake about twice a year, that's about it for me with choc bars
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    merlin said:
    I have some degree of understanding, I'm type 2, that's why I said I haven't eaten chocolate bars for 10 years.

I do eat some chocolate but only things that can be broken up into little bits and rationed out over several days - I'd never buy any of the bars we're talking about here.  I used to have an appalling diet but now I'm very self-controlled.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I’m gonna trump the lot of you.

I give you....Fry’s Five Centres bar.

End of thread.