There seems to be a lot of necro bumping these days?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
Some forums don't allow it, and I have to admit that I think that generally a new thread on a subject is better than bringing some old thing back to life. It can be annoying when you think that there are current opinions and then you see that they are years old, or you are interested and go to reply only to find that you did reply 4 years ago already!

Maybe it's just me ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2631
    I hope and expect the next reply in this thread to be someone agreeing enthusiastically with axisus posted in July 2026.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I thought you were bringing up Jimmy Saville again

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4149
    I can understand how it happens though , you are going through a list of threads resulting from a search and have got totally engrossed in the discussion and must add something to it/ask a question it’s quite easy to forget it’s an older thread , also the person may be new or have been told to use the search function on another forum as someone can’t be arsed to answer his question . There can also be some great threads worthy of resurrecting 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9714
    The search on this site tends to bring up really old results first whenever i use it, so probably people are using that. 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7416
    axisus said:
    Some forums don't allow it, and I have to admit that I think that generally a new thread on a subject is better than bringing some old thing back to life. It can be annoying when you think that there are current opinions and then you see that they are years old, or you are interested and go to reply only to find that you did reply 4 years ago already!

Maybe it's just me ...
    I couldn't resist, sorry... 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 306
    axisus said:

Maybe it's just me ...

I dont mind it, as you well know from me resurrecting the "Forum cycling thread" a few months ago.

My way of thinking was "why start a new one when there is already one started"

Also the "search" feature helped me to find it, and on some forums you get people saying "theres already a thread for that" or "use the search function, that's why it's there"

=)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't  mind replying to old threads. But I've been on forums where I've done a search of a subject and asked a question only to be berated for digging up a thread from nineteen hundred and frozen stiff! Or I start a new thread only to be told that I should have done a search and posted on a previous thread. You just can't  win sometimes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't mind it.

Bye!

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
    Necro bump

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've set a calendar reminder to necro bump this again in 2025

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited April 2021
    I’ve just set a Calendar reminder to close it in 2024
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4149
    It’s almost a zager and Evans song    
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    hollywoodrox said:
    Zager and Evans  
    Necro bumped from 1969!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited April 2021
    I've just set a new calendar reminder to necro bump this thread every 24 hours

• I've just written a Python script using the Scrapy library to randomly bump any threads started by the user Axisus, every 5 minutes.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I've just set a new calendar reminder to necro bump this thread every 24 hours
    I’ll leave you to it till 2024 then ;)
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5429
    axisus said:

Maybe it's just me ...
    It is just you. Starting new threads when there is good information in an old thread just waiting to be resurrected makes no sense at all. And if people are too stupid to check the posting date before replying ... well, that's their problem - and often good for a laugh too. 

Disclaimer. I have never, ever responded to a years-old post thinking it was fresh. Not one. Ever.  Not at all. Hardly ever. Quite seldom in fact. Well, only sometimes. OK, yes I have. But I'll remember to check next time. Maybe.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    This has already been covered in a 2014 thread.
    Use the search function, it's there, clear as day.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2631
    Necro bumping is something that can get you drummed out of the Funeral Director profession if they catch you at it. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Necro bumping is something that can get you drummed out of the Funeral Director profession if they catch you at it. 

Yeah we've all been there, don't get caught is the idea! ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...