The forum generating 100s of drafts is annoying!

What's Hot
And also they are a pain in the ass to delete! I find that about every third time I click on the little delete cross it decides to send me to the thread in question! I can't just leave them all there as I have GENUINE drafts that I have left there for my own purposes. 

Yeah, I know .... first world problems ....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I had a clear out a while back, but somehow up to 302
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Last time we did a head count I had the most drafts ( not much of a claim to fame I’ll grant you) so unless there is a bulk way to delete them they will just remain/grow as trying  to delete individual drafts is tricky/ frustrating as you describe. But unless there is a capacity benefit to the forum in all drafts being deleted it doesn’t seem much of a problem.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Last time we did a head count I had the most drafts ( not much of a claim to fame I’ll grant you) so unless there is a bulk way to delete them they will just remain/grow as trying  to delete individual drafts is tricky/ frustrating as you describe. But unless there is a capacity benefit to the forum in all drafts being deleted it doesn’t seem much of a problem.
    Well it's a problem for me as I have draft that I am keeping for now! Usually something that I'm going to post about but it's not ready yet for one reason or another
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    axisus said:
    Well it's a problem for me as I have draft that I am keeping for now! Usually something that I'm going to post about but it's not ready yet for one reason or another
    I just treat it like an email inbox or nasal hair- regular, final maintenance keeps it under control.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    octatonic said:
    axisus said:
    I just treat it like an email inbox or nasal hair- regular, final maintenance keeps it under control.
    My lock down hobby has been growing and learning to braid my nasal hair. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    It's easy on a computer, but can be frustratingly difficult on a mobile device, or impossible if the thread title is long enough.

If you really need to get rid of a lot, you'd be best to borrow a computer...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    ^^ or just use the mobile site and forget about them.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    @axisus  you have to make sure the X button changes from black to grey, otherwise you open them, even if the hand symbol shows. It's annoyingly pernickety.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24263
    As I've moaned about before, the issue really is the small interval between the system saving automatic drafts.  @digitalscream - did you look into that last time mate ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    My lock down hobby has been growing and learning to braid my nasal hair. 
    Burn and twist 'em together into snotty dreads. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    On a phone it helps to zoom in to the naughty X. Makes it easier to click.