SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Apple Macbook 15" Retina i7 / 16Gb / 256Gb SSD - £350

LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
edited May 2021 in Misc £

Overall pretty nice condition, few marks here and there but nothing hideous.  Only a few minor bits of coating wear on the screen, surround etc. and nothing visible with it on - overall in reasonable condition for the year!

Late 2013 spec - running Big Sur, 2.0Ghz i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD make this a very competent machine.  Battery cycles are 98 and battery was replaced a while back.  Comes with genuine Apple PSU.

£350!

Collection preferred (near Worcester) but happy to post at your cost etc.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hasslehamhassleham Frets: 598
    Hi, 
    I'm pretty interested in this but was wondering if it's an upgradable model or one of the ones that you cant modify? 
    Would also need to check my software can run on big Sur as I'm currently running the one before that (can't remember the name)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    This series of Retina has upgradeable storage but the RAM will be soldered.  Previous version of Mac OS is Catalina :)
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    I believe it was up to mid2012 that both the ram and hard drive could be upgraded 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18376
    Milk said:
    I believe it was up to mid2012 that both the ram and hard drive could be upgraded 
    Yep, the mid 2012 A1286 was the last 15" MBP with upgradeable ram and hard drive.
    Typing this on one, my personal favourite workhorse  ;)
    edited April 2021
    RAM is soldered, yes but storage is upgradeable on the later models: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Retina+Display+Late+2013+SSD+Replacement/23431
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18376
    edited April 2021
    RAM is soldered, yes but storage is upgradeable on the later models: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Retina+Display+Late+2013+SSD+Replacement/23431
    You are right, I was referring to both RAM & HD.
    Your's is a very desirable machine that if I hadn't just bought a new phone, I'd have had 1 
    GLWTS
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    very interested in this - can you confirm apple model number please
    Sure, it's a Macbook Pro 11,2 - A1398
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    This is the same Macbook I use myself and in my opinion (as someone who repairs them) the best model they ever made. Build quality is superb and it has all the ports you need built right into the body with no stupid adapters. 

These have a full depth SD card slot, which means you can insert a 512Gb SD card fully into the body using an adapter that matches the alloy design of the laptop so can be permanently left in, very useful for storage or for booting up on other versions of OSX. 

2 things  musicians and  content creators constantly break on a laptop are the DC socket and the headphone socket. 
    You can't break the DC socket cos it's a Magsafe, even if you could though it wouldn't matter because it's designed on a separate little board as a service part and you can change it yourself with no soldering. 
    Likewise the headphone socket, it's a very well made tough socket but should you break it then it's not a big deal as it's a service part and can be changed in minutes with no soldering. 

There are many other things that make this model so cool from an engineers point of view and it's kinda sad they went from making machines like this to the 2016 on Touchbar / USB C models 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Bump!
    Back up for sale :)
    If someone wants this I would take a very close offer as there's a guitar I want to buy, which will be a surprise to you all I am sure!