SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Project Debut Carbon, 2m blue, acrylic platter and more

What's Hot
Okay the vinyl is going full stop, absolutely gutted. I have a dealer coming to view the collection so I will have the turntable to go.

Project Debut Carbon
2m Blue with low hours
2m Red with low hours
Acrylic platter 
Original metal platter
Project Phono box 

Totalling £600 ish 

£280 delivered (BT for payment please)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    Gutted for you :(

Great turntable, if you were splitting would be into the blue and the acrylic.

Good luck with the sale!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    I just showed this to my son, who is just getting into vinyl and has been looking for a setup. I’ll take it if you are definitely selling. I understand if you change your mind. Gutted for you.
  • Budgie said:
    I just showed this to my son, who is just getting into vinyl and has been looking for a setup. I’ll take it if you are definitely selling. I understand if you change your mind. Gutted for you.
    Super. Defo going, I've been pondering on the variables for weeks now.

Will PM you.
    Just an update to this. It turns out after having a few problems with the stylus with the sound degrading over the course of the first week. I assumed the cartridge just needed to be aligned, which I did using the protractor. This did improve it initially but the sound deteriorated over this week again. I removed the stylus this morning and noticed that the cantilever is actually bent, which would explain why the sound keeps deteriorating.

I have messaged the seller but his outlook is that I’m going to have to suck it up. Tough! 

I’m pissed off because upgrading the stylus is the main reason I bought the turntable. A replacement costs around £130.00.

Like an idiot, I didn’t insist on using PayPal. I won’t be making that mistake again. It’s a pity, it just puts me off buying from forums. 

Very poor.
  • If a mod wants to jump in ansmd see the private conversation we have had you will see the whole story
    edited May 2021
    There is nothing to see in the private conversation. In fact, why not screenshot it and post it here. Obviously, not the personal details bits.

As I have pointed out to you, the message I sent to you, saying it sounded great was within about an hour of fitting the stylus to my turntable. It has deteriorated- because at some point prior to it being fitted the cantilever has been bent. There is no way I can set the tracking alignment correctly, which is why the sound is deteriorating. 

And, I’ll say it again, if I had damaged it - which I haven’t, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
    edited May 2021
    I can’t see anything coming from this and I’m not going to waste any more time on it. You win. Well done. I’ll keep your damaged goods and use the experience as a warning not to trust anyone without the safety net of PayPal in future. I’m £130 down and you’re willing to take a hit to your selling reputation for it. Tragic!
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 110
    the sound doesn't deteriorate over the course of a week =)
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    The sound from a bent cantilever will be constant.  It won't start ok and then deteriorate.
    Well, guys, the sound gets worse over time. I’ve just taken a closer look through a loupe and it’s slightly twisted as well as being bent. Basically, it’s fooked. 
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 110
    I understand why people want to use Paypal.  It's basically handing them all the cards - they get a great deal on a second hand item and then want to act like they bought it new under warranty.   

Like Steve said - a bent cantilever will sound the same from minute one.

What alignment protractor did you use?
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    #1 - This forum doesn't guarantee any sales in any way whatsoever.

#2 - It's down to the buyer and seller to both do their research and due diligence.

#3 - If you guys (either or both of you) want to play this out in public, it will not end the way you're hoping.

So...how about you knock it off and take it to PM, as it should be?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    In fact, I'm gonna help you out with that. Discussion closed.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.