NBD! Ibanez SR400 EQM

What's Hot
hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
I recently asked the forum about the best bass for about £200 ish here https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/203297/best-used-bass-for-200-ish/p1

Someone linked this bass on Reverb, and I put an offer in and snagged it.

Ibanez SR400 EQM, absolutely immaculate apart from needing a new set of strings. It sounds good, albeit a little too warm because of the strings being fooked, and it's not too heavy. I'm really happy with it, and once I get a set of slightly lighter gauge strings it'll be just about perfect for me. I'll probably try Status Graphite strings cos they come highly recommended by an excellent bass player I know.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5653
     It have pretty much the same bass and it really is excellent. It’s the opposite of what I’d have chosen but I sort of inherited it in a convoluted trade and it would cost a fortune to get a J bass that would play better.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    It's exactly the sort of thing I like. If I was to get another 4 string it'd probably be a P bass but I don't love them like I love this kind of thing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Im looking at a 5 string bass and these are on my list of things to keep an eye out on
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Jetfire said:
    Im looking at a 5 string bass 
    Wot? Not an extended scale, dropped tuning four string?  :o
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Jetfire said:
    haha! Im not sure I can get a multi scale or long scale bass for £300. But I can with a 5 string 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    Looks ace! 
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Jetfire said:
    Im looking at a 5 string bass and these are on my list of things to keep an eye out on
    @Jetfire ;I bought a Harley Benton 5 string recently and for £137  delivered I've got a 5 string active modern bass. Only things I'd change right now is the set up, although it's not terrible by any means, and I'd put a heavier gauge b string on cos the supplied string is a bit floppy. 

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Jetfire said:
    Jetfire said:
    haha! Im not sure I can get a multi scale or long scale bass for £300. But I can with a 5 string 

AFAIK all Schecter 5 strings are 35" scale - you won't find a new one for £300, but maybe used