SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 96/97 Fender Squier Protone Thinline Telecaster

What's Hot
JGCJGC Frets: 157
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
Fender Squier Protone Thinline Telecaster, built in the Cort factory in S.Korea circa 1996 / 1997

This guitar has a great build and is set up to play really well. For its age it's in very good condition, the maple fretboard is showing some nice wear but the neck is "clean", there are a few minor dings on the bodywork. All the clear lacquer is developing a nice golden glow as it ages.

Here's a link to some basic info on the guitar.     http://www.squierwiki.com/Pro-Tone-Tele-Thinline

Further research will show that the Protones were highly regarded  and the story goes that Fender discontinued them as they were so good that they were actually hitting sales of USA telecasters. This guitar could certainly hold its own with any standard Telecaster out there.

The guitar is stock except for the pickups and electrics. These were always the weak area of the Protones. The original wiring and pickups have been replaced with a single Seymour Duncan Little '59 bridge humbucker, no switch, just a single volume pot and in place of a tone pot I have a variable coil tap pot which allows you to go from full blown humbucker to tapped single coil ( and all points between ) with the twist of a pot. It's simple , works brilliantly and the guitar can sound like a fat humbuckered guitar or a tele really easily.

I don''t have any of the original pups, just the pots but I do have a new Home of Tone wiring harness for a Thinline ( CTS pots / CRL switch / Jupiter Cap / Switchcraft socket ) which I will let any purchaser have for £35 if they fancied converting back to a standard configuration

Comes with a very nice semi solid case which is well built and well padded, much better than a gigbag.

£350 Collection only from North Lincolnshire, no offers thanks, please don't confuse this with any run of the mill Squier

This is the harness for an extra £35

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments