SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Cheap Fender Stratocaster.

Funkydung!Funkydung! Frets: 32
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
Hi, after selling my Levinson Blade Strat not long ago. I now feel the urge for another Strat! Not looking to spend a fortune so anything below £700 the cheaper the better? Needs to be Fender, ideally rosewood board, not bothered if it’s beaten up. What you got, cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Funkydung!Funkydung! Frets: 32
    Still looking?
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2525
    What about @prudd 's strat?
  • UHASUHAS Frets: 137
    Got a nice mim from 2011, will send pics when I’m back from work but its £350 if you are interested in a mex one? 
    UHAS said:
    Got a nice mim from 2011, will send pics when I’m back from work but its £350 if you are interested in a mex one? 
    Could be, pics would be good thanks.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7125
    Mr Dung , I know you set a budget but I’m not a million miles away and you can have this for what I paid for it from MikeS

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/204812/sold-fender-american-vintage-fsr-stratocaster-like-new#latest

Its gorgeous and a total bargain but @JerkMoans has just offered me something that any man would be foolish to turn down so I need some funds before he changes his mind.

Mr Dung , I know you set a budget but I’m not a million miles away and you can have this for what I paid for it from MikeS

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/204812/sold-fender-american-vintage-fsr-stratocaster-like-new#latest

Its gorgeous and a total bargain but @JerkMoans has just offered me something that any man would be foolish to turn down so I need some funds before he changes his mind.

Looks very nice, what was the price? Probably out of my budget?
    Sorry thought it was still in the ad. It was £950 which I appreciate is over budget but is such a bargain that you may be tempted !
    It is very tempting, but looks to nice to play? Thanks for the offer but probably will pass on it. 

It is very tempting, but looks to nice to play? Thanks for the offer but probably will pass on it. 

No worries :-)
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I just put the original neck back on this, if it is any good?
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/175827/poor-blackie-no-neck-price-reduction#latest
    I had previously advertised it with a different neck, still Fender, and was breaching forum rules.
    I decided to put the neck it came with back on, and a set of Gotoh tuners, all strung up now with EB 10-52.
    I'd be looking for £400 posted for it if it is any good to you.
    The original sold for £959,000 and didn't have the TBX and mid boost, so I reckon this is a bargain.
    andy_k said:
    I just put the original neck back on this, if it is any good?
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/175827/poor-blackie-no-neck-price-reduction#latest
    I had previously advertised it with a different neck, still Fender, and was breaching forum rules.
    I decided to put the neck it came with back on, and a set of Gotoh tuners, all strung up now with EB 10-52.
    I'd be looking for £400 posted for it if it is any good to you.
    The original sold for £959,000 and didn't have the TBX and mid boost, so I reckon this is a bargain.
    Thanks for the offer, but not really my sort of thing.

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    no worries.
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    http://imgur.com/gallery/nadDSRV

Roland ready strat complete with roland GR20 £400

phil_b said:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/nadDSRV

Roland ready strat complete with roland GR20 £400

Hi thanks for the offer, but trying to stay away from sunburst? 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    The AV Strat is a steal, if not for you I second @lovestrat74 suggestion of the 70s maya, a 40 plus year old Strat in nitro in the price range of a squier. 
    I have looked at it and it looks pretty cool, but not sure about it? I don’t like the sound of a chunky neck, and if I didn’t like it, how hard would it be to move on?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    My 79 Strat had a chunky neck but with the 7.25 never felt too big. Who knows on the sale time it should have gone already and at some times of the year would be snapped up in an afternoon. 
    Many thanks for all the offers and suggestions, but I’m still looking?
    I see a very similar looking Maya on Gumtree now, is that the same?
    oh and still looking?
  • pruddprudd Frets: 660
    edited May 2021
    I see a very similar looking Maya on Gumtree now, is that the same?
    oh and still looking?
    the white one on Gumtree in Amersham is the one I had on here a few weeks back, traded it along with my Tarback pups that were also on here. It is a very very decent guitar for the money, I bet he would take less than £275 as well