Haunting new track from Snarky Puppy's head honcho Michael League

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 4338
Weird video, but a cracker of a track that starts off seemingly simple but then expands into something very special.
For lovers of rich chordal harmonic music that's not predictable.




(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 1417
    edited April 27
    Wow, what a track. The change at ~1:03 was the start of giving me chills, then there were more chills to come. 

    Superb.

    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 67
    Well that's just fantastic. Thanks for sharing that. Hauntingly beautiful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 1417
    There's another incredible track from the forthcoming album up on Youtube. 



    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 369
    Incredible, particularly the second track. Loving the Moroccan influence.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 773
    There's another incredible track from the forthcoming album up on Youtube...

    Liked that...check out the album 'Regina' by Becca Stevens (part of the Snarky Universe tm.).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 6505
    I like the second one much more than the first though both very interesting. Not keen on his vocals (the tone and accent) but there's some lovely textures going on and the harmonies are lovely

    I wonder how you even go about writing stuff like that. 80% of my writing is either in my head or at the piano/guitar where I just improvise with humming and chords, the other 20% tends to be either the limitation of my recording software or a happy mistake in that software.

    But you couldn't just busk that kind of thing together could you - presumably it's a collage of lots of different separate ideas that get pulled together but my mind just can't seem to work that freely
    I want to be forgotten, and I don't want to be reminded
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Sign In or Register to comment.