The Boss Secret Overdrive SD1 (Yet Another Pedal Demo!)

What's Hot
Hi all,

Sorry for the click bait title! 

I've had a stab at doing a bit of a pedal demo! I would love your constructive criticism. It was only really made for Faceache but I'm considering doing more.

I've already learned some things and have some improvements to be made but if you have any criticism I'd love to hear it and take it on board!

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 296
    I got to 1:31 to much waffle, so haven't watched the rest. Sorry
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    Thanks for trying man! It's a bit difficult to capture people's attention now in a saturated market I spose!

I should have a explained it's primary focus was Facebook which the talking seems to go down well on there! 

I will try make it snappier in future nonetheless! 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    I watched it through and if you’re looking for feedback would say that I would have liked a bit more playing up front....Keep the dialogue down to as little as you can with still getting your points across.... :)
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7106
    edited May 2021
    Not wanting to blow too much smoke up your ass @Panama_Jack666 , I really liked it . I don’t normally go for the chatty style ones but you are a bit of a natural on camera and there’s a distinct absence of cheesiness 
    Thanks so much for watching it and giving me some feedback - I'll take it all on board. It's always difficult balancing waffle and playing but I s'pose people will watch for different reasons. I definitely could balance the playing and waffle a bit better!

Thanks for the positive words as well @DrCornelius It'll never feel natural to me talking to a camera so that was a great comment to read! 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30880
    Panama Jack is a real cool cat
    Lives on top of Manhatten Chase

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    Very good. My only suggestion is to maybe cut some playing in amongst the chat to break things up a bit. I agree that you're pretty natural and engaging so you should deffo do some more videos.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    One thing I would say is try to not say "erm" so much.
    Thank you all so much for the feedback! It's all taken on board! The video certainly served its purpose and I'm glad some people were able to make it all the way through.

I'm going to keep making them and I'll be making future videos a better blend of playing and talking with fewer "erms"/rambling and keep it all on point! 
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3663
    edited June 2021
    Any more?