Silent practice

What's Hot
MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
edited May 2021 in Amps
Hello all, I've just moved house and am going to need some sort of practice gadget that I can plug my guitar into and use headphones with. Bluetooth connectivity would be an advantage. Any ideas, I don't want to spend a fortune. Thanks
Edit. Just come across the Nux Mighty Plug. Any good? Presumably it would connect via Bluetooth to my phone and allow me to play along with tracks? Any latency problems? Sorry for all the questions, I'm pretty much a tech Luddite  :)
Less is more
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    The Mighty Plug  the best £55 I ever spent, yeah you can BT tracks from your laptop or phone, it's got some great sounds and it's a recording interface. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
    Many thanks! 
    Less is more
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3650
    Regarding Bluetooth.  Yes, there is significant latency but if it's only the backing tracks that are transmitted via Bluetooth then it won't be an issue.  The problems start when you try to listen back to your guitar via this method.

I'm not familiar with the Nux Mighty Plug but, having had a quick look at their website, I think that the signal processing occurs in the plug itself and Bluetooth is only used to control settings and play backing tracks - so it should be ok.  Hopefully someone who has actually used one will be along soon to comment.
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4767
    Musicwolf said:
    Regarding Bluetooth.  Yes, there is significant latency but if it's only the backing tracks that are transmitted via Bluetooth then it won't be an issue.  The problems start when you try to listen back to your guitar via this method.

I'm not familiar with the Nux Mighty Plug but, having had a quick look at their website, I think that the signal processing occurs in the plug itself and Bluetooth is only used to control settings and play backing tracks - so it should be ok.  Hopefully someone who has actually used one will be along soon to comment.
    Correct. It's more than fine for the low price and surprising fun as well. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    The plug also has a drum machine built into it and some backing tracks as well. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Thanks everyone, I've ordered one, can't wait! 
    Less is more
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    The box a plug 2 looks awesome and is very good price £40 or under and there is a wide choice of models  with  delay etc
  • Mighty plug is insanely good. 
    Mighty plug is insanely good. 
    I'll get to find out soon!!
    Less is more
    edited May 2021
    Will it be ok to charge the Nux Mighty Plug with a charger rated at 5 volts? 
    Less is more
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Got it. Only had a few minutes with it but seems fantastic and will definitely do what I need! Thanks all 
    Less is more