SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Paying it forward

What's Hot

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    TTony said:
    joetele said:
    Hey Tony, could I grab those black Wilkinson strat pickups please?  I've still got my Artec Mini-Humbucker-sized Filtertron up for grabs, and I might be able to find some more pickups in the box too. 
    @Slimbert - you called dibs on those first, subject to the details that I added in the original post.  Still want them, or can I let them go to @joetele ?

Yes, I'd still like to take them, if possible.

I can send you the postage costs or collect them next time I'm passing. No idea when that might be though.

I've got a few bits to list, and I promise to give Joe first dibs on the pickups.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaveB666DaveB666 Frets: 85
    Sorry woodandwires that wasn’t meant to come over like you weren’t willing…….
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27429
    @Slimbert ; @jdbwales ;

Your "purchases" should be in the mail tomorrow.    What goodies have you managed to unearth at the back/bottom of your unused-stuff cupboards?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    @Slimbert ; @jdbwales ;

Your "purchases" should be in the mail tomorrow.    What goodies have you managed to unearth at the back/bottom of your unused-stuff cupboards?

Quite a few bits and bobs, but a nasty ear infection has stopped play...I'll get 'em uploaded with photos in the next couple of days

Thanks, Tony.

• jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 309
    TTony said:
    @Slimbert ; @jdbwales ;

Thank you Tony! I’ve got a few potentials, including a dummy coil and a Wilkinson 7.7k bridge Strat singlecoil!
    No one have any info about us supporting a specific charity? If not I’ll send the money to cancer research…..
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    DaveB666 said:
    No one have any info about us supporting a specific charity? If not I’ll send the money to cancer research…..
    I don’t think there is an agreed charity. Usually people donate to the board running costs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    munckee said:
    DaveB666 said:
    I don’t think there is an agreed charity. Usually people donate to the board running costs. 
    What he said ^^
    Happy to do that - next question is of course how?
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18660
    I’m Kittyfrisk said:
    Cheers Kittyfrisk!
    Almost ready to list a few things, just waiting for a sale to go through to see what I have left. Shouldn't be much longer!
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 450
    edited August 2021
    Anybody want a us to uk converter / power transformer (ac to ac) for your US amp? It’s an Maplin model vr 05. Looks just like a mercury model 65.031 that’s on eBay for £49.69. 

No longer needed as my 1956 fender bassman just came back from the restorer after 6 long months and he kindly converted it to uk power. Sounds awesome. So if anyone has an amp cover for this that they no longer need (it's slightly smaller than a 59 bassman) that would be amazing / unlikely.

You’d have to pick it up from me in east Finchley, London. 

Edit: sorry, now gone 
    The charity tenner has now been PayPal'd (is that a verb) to Admin.

Cheers Guys

Dave
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    May I suggest when paying items forward you send signed for, the only item Ive ever managed to blag got lost in the post……
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• bumping this as its a shame to lose it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the thread lost its way a bit. Rather than a 1 in 1 out, it became a bit of a free for all and you lose track of what is going on
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 86
    edited September 2021
    yes maybe 1in1 out is the way forward. Be a shame to lose something that was such a great idea. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27429
    4on6 said:
    yes maybe 1in1 out is the way forward. Be a shame to lose something that was such a great idea. 
    Actually, there are a couple of people who had some of my offerings and have maybe forgotten to come back with an offering of their own ... that'd help bring the thread back to life
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1484
    Having recently been on the receiving end of a fretboarder's massive kindness, I must say that I am still waiting for a good opportunity to pay it forward and keeping it going. If I understood the spirit correctly (I am not known for 'getting the gist' effortlessly!), this was more about helping someone in need than offering random free stuff? Please correct me if I'm wrong, and don't take my (possibly warped) perceptions as a criticism of any kind.

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom