SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Paying it forward

What's Hot

Comments

• It was more a case of folks offering up free stuff from their parts box etc then the recipient offers something up and so on 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    It will always derail a bit as the person offering, will not necessarily wan what is offered back…its a cracking idea though
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    May I suggest when paying items forward you send signed for, the only item Ive ever managed to blag got lost in the post……
    Quoting myself here as a) I owe @TTony and apology as I sett him the wrong house number in my address so sending signed for would have made no difference in this instance, and b) need to thank Tony for being such a Gent, we got sorted on the end
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
    paulnb57 said:
    It will always derail a bit as the person offering, will not necessarily wan what is offered back…its a cracking idea though
    I think what's being described above is a swap, and actually this thread isn't about making swaps. It's about one person offering something, regardless of what the next person chooses to offer, it's all about the spirit of giving, rather than receiving and a very nice idea it is too 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2857
    edited September 2021
    Isn't the idea of pay it forward - take something and add something 'decent' back? ;-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • We all take something from FB ;) 
  • Isn't the idea of pay it forward - take something and add something 'decent' back? ;-) 
    Could be more flexible than that. Just offer up !!
    RevMatt said:
    paulnb57 said:
    I think what's being described above is a swap, and actually this thread isn't about making swaps. It's about one person offering something, regardless of what the next person chooses to offer, it's all about the spirit of giving, rather than receiving and a very nice idea it is too 
    Agreed

• Should really be moved to "Parts £" too
  • Just an update on my bits for offer, the singlecoils are gone but I’m due a shift through the parts box in prep for upcoming gigs so will update. I’ve got some Alpha/Gibson pots if anyone wants them, and a killswitch with green button. Will see what else is kicking around on the weekend!
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3392
    edited September 2021
    RevMatt said:
    paulnb57 said:
    It's about this, the spirit of giving. We've all got something sitting around,  not being used as much as it should, that someone else might benefit from and that we might not miss that much. Putting it on here is an easy way to make somebody else's life a bit brighter.
    edited September 2021
    Duplicate post, now deleted...
  • Ok I’m gonna keep this going, set of telecaster pickups pulled from my squier offset tele

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ok I’m gonna keep this going, set of telecaster pickups pulled from my squier offset tele

Nice one
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 950
    Still have an Artec mini-humbucker-sized Filtertron up for grabs, and planning to take the humbucker pickups out of my Bullet Mustang if anyone's interested. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Anyone in need of a late 70s / 80s Leech 4×12 with 4 McKenzie 75 watt speakers. 8r mono or 2x16r stereo?
    Pickup only from Sheffield for obvious reasons and it comes with a free gravitational field  :)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1 said:
    Anyone in need of a late 70s / 80s Leech 4×12 with 4 McKenzie 75 watt speakers. 8r mono or 2x16r stereo?
    Pickup only from Sheffield for obvious reasons and it comes with a free gravitational field  :)
    Surely some Vogon Poetry also??

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 336
    edited September 2021
    Apologies this has taken me so long. There's loads of reasons for that, but better late than never, I guess. I need to pay it forward for the pickups @TTony very kindly gifted me.

I'll cover all P+P costs, but it'll be snail mail and I'm probably not going to be able to post anything till later in the week, maybe even next weekend at this rate. Life just won't quit at the moment!

There's definitely more to come, but here's a few to at least get the ball rolling...

GONE - 21mm (internal diameter) Dunlop glass slide. Tried to use it then remembered I have fingers the size of a rolling pins, so this is basically brand new.

GONE - Two single coils. Believe these are from Korean Squier Strats, but no idea why one looks more worn than the other, but almost certainly from different guitars. One has a screw and spring missing. Might have a spare somewhere but I make no promises.

I've just popped these on the multimeter, and one of them is not showing any reading. Sadly, this freebie is now one 5.6k single coil, and one broken/fixable single coil.

Apologies!

Set of 3-a-side right-hand Jin-Ho tuners. Came off a rock solid 2002 Korean Ibanez that I've owned from new. Need a polish, and no screws, but all have collars and washers. These are heavy, well made machine heads!

• JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    I'll take the slide if it is still available @Slimbert ? I have been looking at getting one for a while! I'll pop you a dm with my address etc. 

• Jtaylor said:
    I'll take the slide if it is still available @Slimbert ? I have been looking at getting one for a while! I'll pop you a dm with my address etc. 

It's all yours! :)