Lets talk tremolo

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @gatheredinsong are you running your swamp thang at 9v or 12v... I hear it can be run at 12v but haven’t dared trying with mine?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I read something like that too, but I haven't tried 12v either. If you find someone to testify that it's fine, let me know! 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    I'm really happy with my Subdecay Vagabond for both harmonic and "normal" trem. Big selling point is the envelope drift knob, so I can speed up or slow down the rate by picking harder. Gets nice and uneven :-)

I have one of these and it’s an excellent pedal. My other tremolo pedal is a Danelectro Cool Cat, which is a great swampy opto trem and works really well between my RD and Two Notes Torpedo - although without touch sensitivity.

I briefly owned a Supro trem but found it massively noisy - even the retailer agreed when I returned it!
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    I see the Tremolo as an effect to use very occasionally and quite sparingly. I have a Mooer Spark Trem, which does the job well. I dial in the sound I like and leave it at that, so don't need all the bells and whistles that other pedals might give.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4187
    Pigtronix tremvelope also does envelope-controlled trem, either speed, depth, or both can be controlled by your picking dynamics and in both directions. They are quite big and run on 18v but they’re nice trems and can be had for just over a ton.

That looks awesome.... have you really seen them go for that kind on money? I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled.
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
     stickyfiddle said:
    I love the Walrus Monument - it's the only tremolo I've ever really bonded with. 

[repeats call for someone to make a dual-trem pedal with one side set to a ratio of the other and both harmonic/normal switchable - I think I saw one released early this year but can't find it now.]
    @stickyfiddle ;Are you thinking of the Old Blood Noise Endeavours Black Cap: https://www.oldbloodnoise.com/pedals/blackcap
    I don't think it does the ratio thing.

I think the Dwarfcraft Twin stags does the ratio thing (by connecting LFO 1 out into LFO 2 in, but not harmonic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11889
    Hattigol said:
    Gassage said:
    The Supro is a brilliant pedal.
    I found the Supro truly awful personally. 

Surely you need to try the Origin RevivalTrem? The best pedal ever IMHO.
    I read that the Origin

MAGMA57

AMP VIBRATO & DRIVE

has a lot of admirers too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26953
     stickyfiddle said:
    I love the Walrus Monument - it's the only tremolo I've ever really bonded with. 

[repeats call for someone to make a dual-trem pedal with one side set to a ratio of the other and both harmonic/normal switchable - I think I saw one released early this year but can't find it now.]
    @stickyfiddle ;Are you thinking of the Old Blood Noise Endeavours Black Cap: https://www.oldbloodnoise.com/pedals/blackcap
    I don't think it does the ratio thing.

I think the Dwarfcraft Twin stags does the ratio thing (by connecting LFO 1 out into LFO 2 in, but not harmonic.
    No, that came up when I googled but I think I saw something else that had synced trems - not sure whether also harmonic. 

I guess it'd be quite niche but it's such a damn good sound I just find it surprising no-one has tried to sell one
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Hattigol said:
    Gassage said:
    The Supro is a brilliant pedal.
    I found the Supro truly awful personally. 

Surely you need to try the Origin RevivalTrem? The best pedal ever IMHO.
    I read that the Origin

MAGMA57

AMP VIBRATO & DRIVE

has a lot of admirers too
    Absolutely. I have bought one. Erm, twice!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Lewy said:
    Pigtronix tremvelope also does envelope-controlled trem, either speed, depth, or both can be controlled by your picking dynamics and in both directions. They are quite big and run on 18v but they’re nice trems and can be had for just over a ton.

That looks awesome.... have you really seen them go for that kind on money? I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled.
    I sold one a while back for 120 quid I think, can’t quite remember now. Very entertaining pedal. Atmospheric. Just a shame that they are quite big and run off 18v.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Trelicopter. I have a Flint and a ‘65 DRRI and I can’t get either to sound as good live. Cheap and cheerful. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 949
    I like the Black Cat Mini Trem. Includes a tone control and a level boost which is handy to match it to your bypassed tone. Bizarrely though, it is not a mini pedal, just normal size about the same as a boss pedal...
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2629
    edited May 2021
    Surely the thread title should be "LeTs TaLk TrEmOlO"?

And in addition to the ones mentioned above I like the Fredric Effects West Germany.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 336
    Recently picked up a Source Audio Vertigo. I had space for one more pedal on my board and I've never been as impressed with the trem on my BOSS MD-500 compared to some of its other effects, despite trying a lot of tweaking. So, a dedicated trem pedal was in order. The Vertigo fitted my requirements. Small, not too expensive and versatile without causing option paralysis. It does optical, harmonic and bias trem, allows three (additional) presets saved to the pedal, gives you the option to deep dive (if you want to) via the Neuro app and sounds analogue enough for me. The default sounds are good, but can be altered in the software to taste. I did this and saved three new versions of each trem type as the extra presets. Haven't been back into the software since, but I'm glad of the option if I want to. I'm genuinely surprised how much I'm using it. Much of the time, I'm actually using is quite subtly to fill out my sound and I've found it can enhance other modulation, as well as drives, that way. Of course, I do like to crank the wet sound some times. :-)
  • Used a Mooer Trelicopter for a couple years, which was great but did suffer from quite a big volume drop at the depth i like.

so i bought one of those diddy little Hotone Trems, direct from Joyo on Ebay for £19.99, and its reeeaaallly good for the money. 
    And ive tried allsorts....Fulltones, Tremotrons etc.. and this little beauty is on my board now.

Also picked up their Krush bitcrusher which is actually IMO better than all the bitcrushers ive tried so far!