Divided by 13 RCA 31C

samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
edited May 2021 in Amps
I bought this amp about 4 years ago after playing a JRT9/15 which I fell in love with; this was pretty much at the start of getting into nicer gear for me.

However after all this time I've decided that this may not be for me, so I have a couple of questions:
  1. Could someone recommend something close to a JRT9/15 to me? Ideally I would like the /13 but they're sparse....; and
  2. Does anyone know how much the RCA31C is going for nowadays? I'm really struggling to find a recent sale.
Amp below for your viewing pleasure!

EDIT - Love that Flikr decided to stretch all of my images.......

PXL_20210505_071330485

PXL_20210505_071344304

PXL_20210505_071410089
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
    Bumpy
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited May 2021
    I had a JRT 9/15 (beautiful amp) and if you went for the RCA 31C, which is an EL84 amp, I'm assuming you liked the more Voxy side of the JRT in 15 watt EL84 mode? The 9 watt 6V6 side is more like a Deluxe Reverb

Sounds like you could be looking at a Morgan AC amp or Dr Z or if you can find one, a JRT.

Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience are listed as a Divided by 13 UK distributor but you just order through them. I sold mine through them and so did someone else I know and so they might be able to give you a price on yours or may even have a customer who's on the look out for one but seriously, the JRT is a beautiful amp and I'd have one back in a heartbeat!

• samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
    Kebabkid said:
    I had a JRT 9/15 (beautiful amp) and if you went for the RCA 31C, which is an EL84 amp, I'm assuming you liked the more Voxy side of the JRT in 15 watt EL84 mode? The 9 watt 6V6 side is more like a Deluxe Reverb

Sounds like you could be looking at a Morgan AC amp or Dr Z or if you can find one, a JRT.

Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience are listed as a Divided by 13 UK distributor but you just order through them. I sold mine through them and so did someone else I know and so they might be able to give you a price on yours or may even have a customer who's on the look out for one but seriously, the JRT is a beautiful amp and I'd have one back in a heartbeat!

Thank you, this is fantastic!