Cheap New Pedal Day x2

KevSKevS Frets: 477
Pedal 1  Mooer Blues Crab. ..Good for bringing a Flat sounding amp to life in the House..
I'm playing it with a Tele just now through the Fender Clean position on a Roland Micro Cube..
With the Gain below half way it just makes the amp sound Bigger and Sweeter,,a good Tone Enhancer..
A bit of Monosodium Glutamate..My Wampler Tumnus can do the same,but I think the Blues Crab is 
a bit Warmer. and sweeter..The Tumnus has a bit more Fender Tweed snarl,,...The Blues Crab is supposed to be a knock off of the Mark 1 Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal..The Tumnus of course the Klon..

Pedal 2 Behringer TM300 Tube Modeller. ..I had to put the High tone to almost Zero..
Tried it through the JC120 and Clean Fender positions...
So far it sounds like Arse..It manages to sound cloudy,yet brittle at the same time..
Maybe I am using it wrong..

Now I have read than Donner and Mooer are basically the same thing..
I may experiment further in a few weeks..They are cheaper..

Pity about the Behringer..
I didn't intend to use it outside of the house..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KevSKevS Frets: 477
    So I have had a little more time with this Mooer Blues Crab. Mini Pedal.Now playing A Strat with Single coils..Early Noughties Fender USA Series Strat ones,but with the Delta Tone Pot removed for a Standard 250 K Pot...

I have tried it next to a Tube Screamer,,a Wampler Tumnus and a Boss SD1..

Observations..Less than quarter of the way up on the gain and you need to have the volume on full..
    So it isn't a very loud Pedal..
    The gain on almost three quarters around is roughly the same as the gain about a third around on a TS808.
    So this pedal is ace for warming up clean sounds and giving everything a bit more presence..
    There is still enough Volume on Tap to do this,,you don't notice Distortion/Overdrive until you are over a Third up
    on the gain control on the Blues Crab..The Tumnus is Capable of doing a hardly any distortion thing,the Blus Crab has a warmer smoother sound than the Tumnus..It still has some decent sizzle if you want it though..

I hate to use the Cliche Transparent,but this Pedal sounds more natural and amp like than both the TS808 and the Boss SD 1..
    It sounds like an amp turned up and brought to life..
    Even the Tumnus,it has a bit more of a sort of Tweed Flavour..
    You feel like you are at a louder volume than you are and the pleasure that turning up an clean Valve Amp gives you
    when it comes to life with the Blues Crab..

So far this is a useful little Pedal..I haven't really experimented with boosting it yet..
    I'm glad I bought it..

The Behringer Tube Modeller is still Arse with a Strat..
    I regret that one..
  • KevSKevS Frets: 477
    Well I tried it with my Les Paul..**** Me,,like listening to a record from the late 60s early 70s..
    Reacts well to the volume control...Has enough gain for Legato when the drive is up full..
    I was using a Seymour JB though...Quite far away from the strings,but still..
    Nicer with the volume on maybe 8..It has that Classic Rock sound..
    It can do the John Mayall thing not too bad either,,that note coming into bloom thing..

I may at some point get my Les Paul with 57 Classics in it through..

Yep I'm Glad I got it..

It could be the excitement of something new..
    Right now though I think this pedal is great..
    It is all metal apart from the knobs too..
    I hope it lasts..

I'm considering getting a cheapo optical compressor next..  :)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9697
    I had that Behringer amp modeller thing at some point (the stomp box shaped one) and I can attest to it being utter drivel.

Good work on the Blues Crab though, I have had a few Mooer pedals and not had a bad one yet
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic