Boxing - Canelo vs BJS

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
I think BJS will give it a good go he's a clever fighter and resilient.  Being in Vegas you couldn't win a decision against Canelo if you knocked him down every round and I don't think Saunders has the power to trouble him much considering he went toe to toe with Golovkin.

Anyone see a win Saunders can win?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I don't particularly admire Canelo's style but I hope he knocks the stuffing out of Saunders.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    I can see Saunders giving him trouble for 12 rounds but can’t see him getting the decision. 

Saunders is 5/1 - it’s worth a tenner just in case.

The build up to the fight has been fascinating though, and I’ve been drawn in to all the YouTube fuckery.

Not much boxing chat on here recently - so I’ll try and get things moving.  

Did anyone see wee Sunny Edwards win his Fly weight belt last week? He’s got brilliant ring skills that make up for his lack of power. I enjoy watching him and he’s a good talker as well.

Willy Hutchinson lost a few weeks back - he’d been talked up as the next big thing. Early days and he can come back.

Warren isn’t giving his fighters easy careers - bad matching or he’s just not worried about protecting their 0s? 

Dennis McCann is still heading in the right direction though.

Best fight so far this year?

Ted Cheeseman v Metcalf is a lot of people’s pick. I must admit it was a great bout.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_USc0akeU1I

With behind closed doors events Boxing has managed to keep going and there’s been fights that probably wouldn’t have been made in normal circumstances. I think it’s a good time for the sport. 

Then you’ve got Hatton’s lad fighting now - very early days very raw first time out but better last week. Connor Benn blasted his last opponent out and Eubank junior didn’t impress last week against a tough but mediocre opponent.

Michael McKinson v Chris Kongo was another decent fight recently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Na6diLpUL7o

Previously known as stevebrum
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    I didn't see Edwards unfortunately will watch that on youtube.

I watched the card last week Eubank was as usual okay when no getting punched!  I'm not particularly into womens boxing but I like Katie Taylor and she had a really great fight with Jonas, best of the night.

I think Canelo has got better in the last few years, he's been in with some very good fighters too so Saunders won't be much of a surprise.
    munckee said:
    I didn't see Edwards unfortunately will watch that on youtube.

I watched the card last week Eubank was as usual okay when no getting punched!  I'm not particularly into womens boxing but I like Katie Taylor and she had a really great fight with Jonas, best of the night.

I think Canelo has got better in the last few years, he's been in with some very good fighters too so Saunders won't be much of a surprise.
    Edwards has got great movement - he’s not going to appeal to anyone that prefers fighters to stand and trade but he’s intelligent. To use the cliché he has a very high ring IQ. 

Saunders is so wrong it’s almost funny. In an interview yesterday he was asked why he didn’t attend the first presser and his response was he was in his hotel room playing with his balls. He then went on to jibe about Canelo’s ‘juicy’ Mexican beef (beef tainted with PEDs for those not familiar with the story)

It’ll be a good fight and I hope with the decent prep Saunders can make a better account than Smith did. 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    I lost all respect for Saunders/Fury after watching them almost bully Nick Blackwell to continue fighting Eubank Jnr when he should have stopped and almost cost him serious injury, as it is it finished his career. 

Hope Canelo knocks him from pillar to post, think it will be Canelo chasing and Saunders running and fighting on the back foot.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Even if he beats Canelo, Saunders still won't get into Pontins.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Does anyone get DAZN it’s 1.99 per month but I guess you have to buy the fight on top?

Do you need to watch on a PC?
    edited May 2021
    munckee said:
    Does anyone get DAZN it’s 1.99 per month but I guess you have to buy the fight on top?

Do you need to watch on a PC?
    I’ve got DAZN and the fights are included. However if it’s a UK Matchroom fight they aren’t broadcast to UK DAZN subscribers. The Saunders fight will be broadcast as it’s a US fight. Hope that makes sense!

I watch it on my TV through a firestick. But it is in my phone as well. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Saunders is an incredible boxer, but that whole thing from a couple of years ago with the women and the car completely put me off him. Knock him out Canelo. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 336
    The Sunny Edwards fight was excellent. That boy has some serious movement skills.

Saunders has a lot of natural talent. As a person, I find him pretty objectionable, but he's undeniably a skilful boxer. Thing is, so is Canelo and he's continually improved throughout his career. He adapts well to each opponent and even Mayweather never looked close to hurting him despite dominating him at times. In my opinion, GGG won their first encounter, but Canelo adapted and changed the game plan for their second bout and justifiably won it. He's got even better since then. Can't see Saunders getting the result against him. Although Saunders' upper body movement is excellent, he lacks the power of the best in the weight division and, these days, Canelo has the movement to match him and has a greater arsenal to work with. I would be happy to be proved wrong though. :-)
  • RivieraRiviera Frets: 13
    I don’t see BJS as a natural super-middleweight. He’s looked sluggish since he moved up and got buzzed against Isufi.

I think Canelo stops him.
    Got up and listened to it on the radio, Saunders was on top until the 8th apparently. 
    They are suggesting broken orbital bone, same injury that brook suffered against ggg and spence
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    BJS had 2 rounds on the scorecards when he retired, maybe 1 more but Canelo was coming on strong and it was just a matter of time tbh
    edited May 2021
    munckee said:
    Got up and listened to it on the radio, Saunders was on top until the 8th apparently. 
    Not according to the judges.

You could make an argument for it being closer than the cards but he wasn’t up. 

A broken eye socket is no joke but it wasn’t a great end to the fight. 

I think before the injury it was just starting to get interesting and agree with @tone71 that Canelo was only going to get better. 
    Difficult listening on the radio, two of the three had Saunders winning but they were uk based.  Even if he had been winning it’s unlikely he would be winning on judges against Canelo. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4665
    munckee said:
    He really wasn’t. He possibly won 1 maybe 2 rounds,
    the punch that finished it was fairly brutal tho. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Yea the judges had Saunders on 2-3 to Canelos 5-6. 
    munckee said:
    Just shows how misleading radio can be.
    Saunders couldn't make any headway against Canelo.
    I think he realised that after the first two rounds.
    He caught Canelo with 2 good punches that had no effect whatsoever. 
    Sassafras said:
    munckee said:
    Just shows how misleading radio can be.
    Saunders couldn't make any headway against Canelo.
    I think he realised that after the first two rounds.
    He caught Canelo with 2 good punches that had no effect whatsoever. 
    That’s years of doping for you, makes you impervious!

I think realistically there was only one outcome in a fight between a guy who took GGGs punches and knocked out Kovalev against a small SMW with no real punch power. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom