Mooer GE Series - anyone have a GE100 or GE150?

BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
Looking to pick one of these up, or something similar for when I get 5 mins to noodle and can't be arsed with other things...

Anyone got one, or a similar cheap but usable device? I'm not looking to buy a stomp or anything over £150 so please don't suggest them. Just looking for something that's easy to program, can use my feet to switch a patch, has a looper and is small. 

Thanks!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17599
    tFB Trader
    I had the Mooer GE200 and I was quite unimpressed with it.

I ended up sending it back.

I prefer the Nux Mighty Air through headphones.
    That's a mini amp, but you can get the Nux plug for very little or they also do various multi FX though I'm not sure of the quality.

The Boss GT-1 is the guts of a GT-100 so that's a lot of capability for the money and the Zoom stuff is always good.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    Cheers dude, I did look at the Nux Plug as it's cheap but I want some foot switching capability as I have a Pandora which although not the best sounding I can use but can't switch any sounds without touching the unit. 

The Boss GT1 is on my list, again though its.a bit larger and has less practice stuff on it, which tbh I don't use a lot but hey ho would sooner have than not! I'm open to it though still, probably need to research it more. The thing I liked with the Mooer GE150 was the IRs and presets available online. Not sure the Boss has IRs as it's COSM isn't it?

edited May 2021 tFB Trader
    Yeah the Mooer has IRs and the Boss doesn't.

The Mooer is weird because it sounds quite good in demos, but it feels really bad under the fingers and it doesn't clean up properly. I compared it against the Katana which I had at the time (and has the same guts as a GT-1) and the Boss cleaned up way better. Mine was also really noisy, but it might have been faulty.

I'd be tempted to take a punt on one of the Nux MG range as they have IRs provided the shop have a good returns policy.

MG300 looks like it uses the TSAC-HD which is their newer modelling tech used by the Mighty Plug etc.

Cheers dude, I'll take a look

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    I've got a NUX MG-300 but can't give you much feedback on it as I've not got around to using it much as my playing has dropped off a cliff since work has continued to ramp up. For the 20-30 minutes I played about with it when I first got it it sounded fine for quiet practice and that was without me digging deep into it.
    Worth a look as an option as they're around £100 or so (or mine was when I bought it)
    Thanks for the info! I'll have a look now. 

tFB Trader
    One other thing that might be worth a look is "Valeton" who apparently use the same modelling tech as the Hotone Ampero.
    edited May 2021
    I've just had a look at the NUX and tbh it's got me sold I think! Sounds better than the Mooer and has the features I want too. 

Thanks for the advice

edited May 2021 tFB Trader
    No worries.

Let me know how you get on with it as I think it's a bit of a bargain.

Paging @JohnCordy , can I ask what you thought of the NUX please? Just watching your videos, sounds pretty cool!!