Mu-Tron Octave Divider- octave up / down in series or parallel? (with circuit diagram)

english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
edited May 2021 in FX
Question for people who actually know what's going on inside those little boxes we like so much. Thinking about replacing my Mu-Tron clone with separate octave up and down pedals for flexibility- are the octave up/down circuits in parallel or in series in the Octave Divider?

Circuit diagram to hopefully make it easy:

MU-TRON Octave Divider Octave Divider Guitar Pedal Musitronics

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    Anyone?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    The link isn't working, but I'm almost certain they will be in parallel - it wouldn't really work otherwise. You can't duplicate that with separate pedals, unless you use a third mixer pedal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    ICBM said:
    The link isn't working, but I'm almost certain they will be in parallel - it wouldn't really work otherwise. You can't duplicate that with separate pedals, unless you use a third mixer pedal.
    Thanks @ICBM ;. That's what I thought was more likely. 
    I use an ES-5 switcher so technically I probably could duplicate the parallel routing but it would involve dedicating two loops to octave pedals that I don't use that much, which seems a bit excessive.

• cathodynecathodyne Frets: 24
    In case it might be helpful, I’ve read that the octave up section is a Dan Armstrong Green Ringer circuit.