Inside gigs post May 17th

What's Hot
firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 362
Trying to get a definitive answer to the question of whether indoor pub gigs are permitted after 17th May. Anyone got one booked and are there any restrictions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    Firstly, I don't think that May 17th date or rules are set in stone.  Next step is 'not before May 17th' and we should be due confirmation early next week (every indication that it will go ahead).

Indoor entertainment venues should open but there will be limits on numbers and protocols in place (one way systems, spacing etc).  I would doubt that your average pub will be able to cope with bands in this phase on top of other protocols (table service, no standing etc).

I suspect we won't be gigging indoors until after June 21st (our first is booked for July 3rd, but this is a club rather than a pub).
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    I thought that after 17th May was indoor live venues, after June date was indoor pub gigs? That`s what we have booked.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    edited May 2021
    We’ve got an august pub date. Couldn’t be doing with yet more disappointment of sorting Jun/jul only for Boris to cancel everything last minute again. 

Got a Jun outdoor one so hoping for more of this lovely summer weather 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3098
     My first is first week in July.
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 829
    thought indoor pub gigs were 21st june as the earliest.   Outdoor from 17 may.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23939

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216

To be fair that's not a covid problem and that mic has been like that since the 70s.
    Watching the lunchtime news and having a look at the rules...

It seems that pubs / restaurants can "seat" customers indoors. Any music that is provided must be incidental and NOT the purpose of the visit.

That seems to mean - 3 piece in the corner of the restaurant while people are eating is ok (volume low enough for people to talk while eating) but an actual gig it not.

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    First two we have booked is July 3rd and 11th and they’re both outdoors anyway.
    The MU states that "Amateur Activity" is allowed and that 50% of venue capacity is allowed or 1000 people, whichever is lower...

BUT pubs and restaurants are in a category all of their own. So it seems a band could hire a proper venue and allow 50% of usual capacity to attend, but that wouldn't apply to pubs, even though some pubs are bigger than some venues.

I'm pretty confident pub gigs are for after 21st June.

Scotland and Wales have their own rules.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2021
    @firepaulmusic ;;

It's confirmed.

Pubs are indoor table service only, masks, social distancing. Seated service. No standing at the bar or anywhere else.

No pub gigs yet - although possibly a guy sitting in the corner (with a mask on) might be allowed to play background music.
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 362
    @firepaulmusic ;;

It's confirmed.

Pubs are indoor table service only, masks, social distancing. Seated service. No standing at the bar or anywhere else.

No pub gigs yet - although possibly a guy sitting in the corner (with a mask on) might be allowed to play background music.
    Thanks, that really needed clearing up for many of us. Seems a gig I have booked inside a first floor bar on May 28th will need to be cancelled, bugger.....