0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    GLWTS
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    £109?!!

"Original screws may not be present
    This item is used and may show signs of use"

No shit. Someone who doesn't know what they're doing has been working on it.

That's a bin job unless you need the casing, knobs etc - and conveniently there are no photos of those, just stock ones... 

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Has it been cannibalised for parts or simply abused?

Decades ago, somebody local to me bought a Marshall JMP-1 that had been amateurishly modified to extract "even more gain". The plan was to restore it to original spec but that never came to pass.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6101
    There is a simple(ish) mod to the THR to make a loop before the stereo power amp - it needs a couple of SMD caps desoldering and connections to TSR sockets. Not sure if that's a botched attempt at that...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4085
    ICBM said:
    £109?!!

"Original screws may not be present
    This item is used and may show signs of use"

No shit. Someone who doesn't know what they're doing has been working on it.

That's a bin job unless you need the casing, knobs etc - and conveniently there are no photos of those, just stock ones... 
    I knew you would be horrified when you saw the board lol 
    hollywoodrox said:

I knew you would be horrified when you saw the board lol 
    The technical term is FUBAR.

I like fixing things, even when it needs a bit more time and creativity than the job is really worth, but that is just too far gone to bother trying.

If the speakers are OK it might be worth turning it into a little stereo extension cab, but I have no idea what for...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    There's nothing worse than getting something in for repair that someone else has had a go at.

That looks like the DC socket or speaker header that's been pulled off the board but it also looks like someone who doesn't have a good enough iron for lead free work has had a bash at it and knocked a few other bits off the board. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4085
    The lead look like a cat sicked on it 
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    I've just had a notification from eBay:

"You received an offer of £100.00 from the seller. The offer expires in 29 hours 34 mins. "

WTAF? I didn't even add it to my watch list, I only just looked at the listing a few times.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philtre said:

"You received an offer of £100.00 from the seller. The offer expires in 29 hours 34 mins. "

WTAF? I didn't even add it to my watch list, I only just looked at the listing a few times.
    Reply back with a corrected offer of £1.00...

Although if you're unlucky he might accept.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    Philtre said:

I had the same
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    "Returns not accepted" 
     =) 
    edited May 2021
    phil_b said:

I had the same
    I didn't :(. I'm feeling left out now.

I really wanted a useless tin box for two thirds of the price of a fully working THR10 in good condition...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    So for £30-40 less than the s/h price  of a working one you can get one that is totally knackered. Seems like a fair deal. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom