PRS DG Custom amp...... anyone on here ever had one?

What's Hot
icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
These seem as rare as hens teeth, you know proper rare, not like every listing on eBay. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ADPADP Frets: 184
    I’d like one, but they only make a 110V model, so you’d have to import it. I believe that Paul is unwilling to alter the design for the rest of the world, as it would change the amplifier and therefore the sound. Also, certification of some of the components for Europe would be expensive.
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    @ADP ah thanks for the explanation, shame I’d like to try one. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Everytime I see DG demo one I think they sound wonderful. 

Given how popular the DGT is, I’d have thought they’d gain some sales.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I’ve always wondered about them too. They sound great with DG but then he’s rather good. What are they based on?
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1814
    DG was a 100w Plexi player back in the Ely days (and what a wonderful sound that was) so I’m hoping some of it was based on that
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4091
    I checked out some demos and to me they sounded really woolly and fuzzy.  Great player though.   
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    welshboyo said:
    DG was a 100w Plexi player back in the Ely days (and what a wonderful sound that was) so I’m hoping some of it was based on that
    That’s the thing, to me it doesn’t sound like a plexi as it’s got a really honkey (nice honkey) sound to it, one that I don’t associate with a Plexi. It’s a shame they didn’t come over here. That being said I’m not sure I’d be able to pay the money PRS like to charge for their amps.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom